Trolling for trout At DVL with success 3/27/08

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by TeamGracza, Mar 27, 2008.

Share This Page

1. TeamGracza

Went to Diamond Valley today to do some trolling,hoping for some trout.It was our first time at DVL and trolling for trout so we didn't really expect to much.So about 5 minutes into our first pass of the the west Dam,in about 65 feet,we got a double hook up.My dad took one and I took the other.My dad got his in and it was a pound and a half,and i got mine to the surface about 10 yards off the stern and it jumped and it looked pretty large about 5-6lbs and then snap the line breaks.So we kept at it for about two more hours with a couple bites and no other landed.So it was a very nice day and DVL is an amazing lake.Here our some pics.
  2. marlyn

anthony,get yourself a couple leadcore rigs or some downriggers and troll some needlefish through the shad balls youll find on your fish finder and dvl will really surprise you!start about 4 colors and keep going deeper until you start getting bit(also the hotter the temp the deeper the bite)my biggest so far has been 7.5lbs and there are definitely bigger in the lake.
  3. TeamGracza

Thanks for the advice.We are thinking about getting a pair of downriggers.The lake is amazing.
  4. One_Leg

Congrats to you both on hooking up at DVL.
  5. Capt. G

I tried trolling for trout twice at DVL and never got a bite.
    Looks like you have a great time on the water, and that is what it is all about.
  6. fishpainter

nice job on the lake.