today sucked

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Darylfw, Aug 5, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Darylfw

Started at 371 for what looked like it would be a great day. Water was perfect and I was able to do 30kts all the way day. found one patty about 7:30 and immediately hook up on a nice dodo. get him to the boat with deep color and he makes a run back to the kelp. 10 sec later he bites me off :finger:.
    that was the last action we saw on the boat for the rest of the day. we run to the 390 and put out the trollers for nada. worked halfway to the 60 mile bank before running back toward the barn while looking for kelp. 35 miles and not one patty. get to just west of the south island and my starboard engine dies. fooled around with it for 45 minutes to determine the I had a problem with the oil reservoir. Get going again and the engine will only get 3800rpm so I stuck doing 20 kts. As soon as I pass the bullring guess who runs up on me? 4 guys in a big souped up center console who tell me I must check in at the customs pier. FUCK. After waiting 40 minutes for my turn I'm off to the High Seas fuel to determine that I've burn 140 gallons for nada. Get back to the slip and take another look at my engine and find that I've been running on 5 cyl for 3 hrs.

All in all not my best day on the water. I can't wait to try it again.

Oh yeah, and all my damn bait died.
  2. DEFIANCE

That sucks and double sucks. You'd have come out of the deal better if you did yard work this weekend, gave your wife 300 bucks to go shopping with, and then have her kick you in the nuts. I've had those trips.
  3. Shark Meat

That sucks -- Sorry Dude