three inches short from glory

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by surfdonkey, Apr 25, 2005.

1. surfdonkey

Got the boat in the water on Sunday morning around 6:30 out of Dana Point. The weather was poor with on and off drizzle and the ocean surface was mixed up. I have a small center console so i didn't expect much as if the wind picked up it would be a quick trip. Got bait and ran to "west reef' which is reef/exposed rocks just north of San Clemente pier. Dropped anchor and starting soaking. Within 5 minutes got a small 16 inch white sea bass. Feeling happy about the start and then they keep biting. I was dropping in a fresh bait and then instant whammy for another around 20 inches. I went for a total of five more around 20 to 22 inches. I then got into something bigger which gave me pipe dreams of a possible keep which would be my first. Got the wsb into the net and then measured it at 25 inches. 3 inches short-coming up short-i wanted it so bad but oh well. I picked up a 2 lb calico at the end before pulling anchor and back out of the water at 11am. All fishies sent on their way.
    Next time, :beerbang:
    Austin
  2. Annieo

Don't mean to be rude...but you boys are ALWAYS three inches short from glory...:D
  3. dru

That's just mean Annie. :)

See you on memorial day weekend!
  4. fshchick

Annie, play nice...............
    Sorry to hear about all the shorts, but at least you got some biters....could have been a real slow day otherwise!
  5. bitesomthing

ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. dalurker

shit, my train don't reach the end of the tunnel, but sure wrecks dem walls!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL :D
  7. Annieo

I put a smiley face dammit!
  8. artafishall

Hey thats a good day. When you get one wsb thats a good day. More than one is just iceing on the cake. Good job on the catch and release. Karma will catch up with you. Good luck next time! Ryan
  9. euroyen

Better than nothing!
  10. gonsurfn

:jo:

Annie's reply....<just gottta love it> :)

Dooooh....sorry donkey, sounds like a personal issue, and I hear they have special meds for that....but don't be ashamed, we're bros here, and all of us here on BD are happy to give our $.02 to help you out...

oh yeah, thanks for the report and much needed RELIEF :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
  11. surfdonkey

god i love this site-some pretty funny shit going on every day!!
    stay bloody!
  12. squidproquo

As the old man said when asked at the brothel "who you gonna satisfy with that lousy three inch thing? His only reply...ME!"
    or in the words of Andrew Clay

"The Bitch said to give her 6 inches and make it hurt, so I did her twice and hit her over the head with a brick"

:beerbang: :beerbang: gunz :git: :eek:
  13. Gil Marlin

GUMBY!!! :)
  14. KID CREOLE

Hey sexy, tell him who he needs to fish with!