Tanner Banks - tiger shark, orcas and Ali vs goat

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Afry, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Afry

But no BFT.

Ali, Mark - Locobro, and I left Fri night @ 10 after a killer sushi dinner on Tiger Shark (bad ass 33' World Cat cc w/300 zukes).

Hit some pretty good seas as we past SC around 3 am but as the day came on they flattened out. Fuck it was cold.

Trolled for a bit at graybreak but the water was cold and blue/greenish. Dropped some irons on the Tanner and had a steady pick of bocacio (released), Ali draged up a nice goat on the iron.

Trolled towards the east looking for the tempbreak for no love. Headied south towards the Mushroom for a triple on the bonita then east through the Fly. Water temps were between 55.8 and 58.1 but our temp gauge may have been a bit quirky.

Saw a pod of Orcas below the Condom, that was pretty cool. Ran home at 30 mph in mixed seas - that was pretty cool too. It turned out to be a beautiful day.

It was fishy out there but we didn't find em - next time.
  2. Sluester

Nice try gents!
  3. Slater

Atleast you guys got on the water & gave it a try! It was pretty fishy @ PointLoma Seafoods yesterday :boobies: & the wind was blowing like a mofo!
  4. Ali

I think the water that was holding those fish has rolled. We couldn't get a decent chloro for a week, so we were flying blind.

the Cold water at 55 degrees looked good and had life. The warm water at almost 58 varied from tinted green to cloudy green.

I'm sure they are out there somewhere, but not for us to find. We covered some serious water out there for not much.

Big thanks for Brady at West Coast Power Cats. That 33' World Cat is just a BEAST. We were making 27kts through some pretty snotty weather without getting a drop on us or a single pound.

Great day on the water regardless. Thanks guys for coming along.
  5. Squid Vicious

....................hell of an effort , thanks for the report ............been looking forward to it
  6. Swazi

Nice try boyz...sounds like fun though.
  7. bajababy

next time.... Thanks for the report... As much as I wanted to, we couldn't pull the trigger on Friday night
  8. Saluki

Great try on an awesome boat!!!!
  9. Kurt

Thanks for giving it a go. I saw one of those cats up close and they are pretty damn impressive. What do those big cats have hanging down the center of the hull near the bow?
  10. Jaydog

Nice try guy's we were all pulling for you.