Swordfish Report

Discussion in 'Mainland Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by Capt. Juan Moll, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Capt. Juan Moll Advertiser

Good fishing for us on Feb. 21, went out targeting YFT had a report that they were 10 to 15 miles SW of El Banco got to the area with a few other boats with not much going on, we put out a pair of Braid Marauders and 2 cedar plugs, few fish braking water but not holding, after an hour or so i saw a fin that made me look closer and realized it was a swordfish , started screaming to Abel live bait and he got to the bow but before casting bait we slamed bait for it not to be so lively , he cast it with in 2 feet from his mouth and fish sunk and took it right away put boat in gear and it was game on for 9 hrs and 38 min.
    My congratulations to Angler Ralph he did one heck of a fight.
    We hooked up at 11am and landed fish by 8.40 pm, several times while fighting fish we had tunas all around the boat.
    • Swordfish Report-IMG_0363.JPG
    • Swordfish Report-IMG_0367.jpg
    • Swordfish Report-IMG_0368.JPG
    • Swordfish Report-IMG_0383.jpg
    • Swordfish Report-IMG_0396.jpg
    • Swordfish Report-IMG_0401.JPG
    • Swordfish Report-IMG_0403.jpg
    • Swordfish Report-IMG_0405.JPG
    • Swordfish Report-IMG_0406.JPG
    • Swordfish Report-IMG_0427.JPG
  2. Local Fishin'

Good Eatin'!
  3. Carl

:appl:

It was hooked in the bill?
  4. Bank Robber

That is awesome! Straight tie spectra to the hook?
  5. Carl

Doesn't look like Spectra to me. I'm callin fluoro.....
  6. jaydawg77

Nice fish!

I call Pink Yo-Zuri Fluorocarbon
  7. Popachubby

I call flour too! Wow nice..Congrats..
  8. Bank Robber

Yeah LOL wearing glasses now.

Great catch!
  9. Cougman

That's one bad ass catch!
  10. joefurgerson

Congratulations, Juan.
  11. svue

nice 8 hrs fight, good job, they are so tough on reel and line. comparing to long lining.
  12. Fishemup

Awesome catch ! Congratulations to all the crew. Nice meeting you the other day in the canal at your dock. See you again.
  13. Aleta

BBQ is what time Saturday??

Great catch!
  14. Popachubby

any Idea of weight? The whole west coast will be talking about this one..Congrats..
  15. Tues

16. elias caldo

awisome , good worck compa.:hali_olutta:
  17. Bullshipper

This is a whole seperate fishery on the east coast that might bring in more anglers from there if you guys were promoting it and geared to do more night fishing, deep drops with glow sticks, etc.

The fact that you are seeing them on top is a pretty good indication that more than a few might be in the area.

The other one no one specializses in is wahoo in PV.

Sorry this sounds like preaching. You captains already know the score.
  18. PezGallo2

Good job! Would love to get a sword....good call on smackin the bait...I think a wounded bait triggers a strike from billfish that would maybe not be interested in eating.
    My crew's out today fishing 1150 from Cabo & told them to be on the lookout for Swords. Last Feb/Mar was a good year out of Cabo with some nice ones taken.

Alex
  19. Ali

Felicidades puchilla!
  20. Pinche Gringo

Wow! That light a leader and bill wrapped (you can see the crease).

That's testement to the leader material whatever brand and the angler keeping good pressure on the fish so the line could'nt chaf on the bill.