.......sunday , 13th catalina and SBI

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Squid Vicious, Mar 14, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Squid Vicious

after a great trip with Beta , i decided to go back for more tails , i met Roger and surg back from their trip sat nite at the ramp and they gave me their fresh dead squid . glad they did cuase sat nite no one had squid for sale , we anchored up next to the squid boat carnage in hopes they would make bait . cooked up some steak fajitas and had some beers and off to bed , DAMN !!! woke up at 6:30 am sunday calling for squid , nada ........
    so me and felipe head to ironbound cove to join all the sportboats and tons of privates /.......by 10:00 am all we had was a few calicos ........i think we brought the skunk with us , so ......we decided to head to SBI , light wind and small swell we ran 22 kts . we started at the north end working west
    fished up tight for checkers after keeping half limits then we filled the hold with rockfish ,rockfishing is full speed here , 6" swimbaits nail those big vermillion , lots of fun ........... then we played catch n realease with the checkers on swimbaits again

total.........1 limit of 2-4 lb checkers
    2 limits of assorted rockfish
    1-12pak bud
    1-24-pak bud light :D
  2. Null&Void

damn boey!!!! its only freekin march brah...turnaround? ...you must have fish poontang on the brain :D

dood lettuce get a SCI trip going soon in the next few weeks. i have dreams of wsb dancing in my head :drool:
  3. Tunaslam

Good job Manny, sounds like loads of fun.
  4. Kammel Driver

But didn't even stop in that iron bound grid lock. I kinda knew that it would be that way on the weekend so I worked east of there and west of there for not much. Went off the eagle rock about a mile or so for all of the vermillion and bucket mouths you wanted. Maybe next week. I do think that Clemente eliminates 3/4s of the crowd. If I didn't have in laws in town I was going to make the same choice. It was either Clemente or SBI as both were very visible from west cove. Oh well it is better than spending the whole weekend with in laws. Seeya out there next week.

Kammel Driver out :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
  5. Fishnit

Sound like a good time had.
    you'll kill them next time
  6. Tailwalker Advertiser

Manny,
    Cool report! I'll be back out there soon... Repowering the sled. I heard the islands have been going off lately. Woke me up from my winter hibernation. :cool:
    Rich
  7. Squid Vicious

It was either Clemente or SBI as both were very visible from west cove.

Kammel Driver out :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:[/QUOTE]

......yeah i thought about clemente too , but in case it came up i wanted a downhill ride verses a an almost beam sea ..........
    have fun next week it'll be little while for me , hope to sow some shit up quick