Stripers are biting...................

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Reports' started by Saluki, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Saluki

I got a call on Thursday from Gregg Silks http://zpluglures.com/ that the stripers were biting full speed at DVL. He had a cancellation for yesterday so I met up with him at the launch ramp @ 0700. FKG didn't go because "dad, you've been skunked 3 trips in a row at that lake, I aint going back until you catch something". Well.................... he missed out on one of the best striper trips I've ever had. We caught fish on the bottom, 1/2 way down, and on the fly line. 6,8,10, & 12 lb line they were biting everything. Easy limits of fun fighing fish, especially on the 6lb line, that was a blast!!! If you're ever thinking about getting a guide for DVL you have to give Greg a call, he's one cool dude with a wealth of information that he readily shares with his clients. I left the lake with a smile on my face and a cooler full of stripers.
    • Stripers are biting...................-IMAG1832.jpg
    • Stripers are biting...................-IMAG1834.jpg
    • Stripers are biting...................-IMAG1836.jpg
  2. ConSeaMate

Very nice......I've been waiting for the report......<label for="rb_iconid_10">[​IMG]</label>......
  3. wils

beautiful stripers, saluki!
  4. Carl

:appl:
  5. ib12fish

Wow that's some outstanding fishing, now that they are bitting we start boat work monday :(
  6. fishaholic 1

very nice good size. we all know you left the lake with a smile on youre face. but were you fishing?
  7. Bank Robber

Very cool! Looks like you guys got some nice ones too!
  8. Simon Bon Bowery

:lux:Sweet, looks like you guy's killed-em....

I looked at the TV all day yesterday<label for="rb_iconid_10">[​IMG]</label>
  9. Gil Marlin

It's what's for dinner!!! :D
  10. Bottom Line

I didn't know Stan fished for stripers...