Striper 2101 cc or Wellcraft 212 cc

Discussion in 'Boating Discussion' started by SSBELL, Aug 22, 2006.

1. SSBELL

Ive been lookin at couple of new boats 1 is the striper center console and the other is a wellcraft , they both seam to have ther pros and cons but I seam to like the Striper better it looks and feels a bit more confee. they both have 150 yamahas the wellcraft is aprox 600 lbs lighter but has about 30% less fuel capasity. anyways i found a 06 wellcraft and can have it for about 4k less that an 07 striper , please help !
  2. Double Z

Have you checked Allison for Stripper prices?
  3. SSBELL

Thanks I will bo that , so far i have only been to Sea witch marine for the Striper.

Thanks Steven
  4. SSBELL

Couple of pics of the striper
    • Striper 2101 cc or Wellcraft 212 cc-Striper1.JPG
    • Striper 2101 cc or Wellcraft 212 cc-Striper1 (1).JPG
  5. SSBELL

Couple of the wellcraft.
    • Striper 2101 cc or Wellcraft 212 cc-Wellcraft (1).JPG
    • Striper 2101 cc or Wellcraft 212 cc-Wellcraft.JPG
  6. Sick Puppy

Whats the price range on these boats?
  7. SSBELL

the Striper is an 07 with some goodies for around 42 and the Wellcraft is an 06 with a 2k insentive is around 38 these are otd pricing
  8. Sick Puppy

Tuff call there! Both boats are well built. Either one will be good!:)
  9. inSTANt bendo

I wouldn't be concerned about the fuel capacity difference. The wellcraft is going to give you better fuel economy and over 200 miles range. That's further than you will ever want to go in a 21' CC.

Be patient and whatever you do.....don't buy anything without out a sea trial. You may not like either one......you may love both, but you gotta drive 'em first.
  10. KC Kevin

1. Find one thats 2-3 years old, loaded with electronics and a bait tank and probably still spend less money. You might find one other stuff too, like a windlass, a cover, a stereo, outriggers, etc. This stuff costs thousands to buy and thousands to have installed professionally.

2. Buy it from a private party who is not trying to make a living selling it.

3. Be patient and be prepared to walk away if you don't get the deal you want. Its a buyers market and will get even more so in the next year.
  11. aguachico

That's damn good advice.
  12. KC Kevin

13. Afry

That's double damn good advice!
  14. Afry

Look hard at the above Parker. You wouldn't lose on that one.
  15. SSBELL

This is great advice keep it comming! , one thing i need to mention is i have a wife , 2 girls and a boy , kids are 7 10 12 , the center console doubles as a potty / shitter . we will take it to the lake for tubing with then kids just as often as the islands or kelp.

Thanks steven
  16. KC Kevin

I don't know many guys that use that center console as a head. Climbing down inside there in a swell....I'll pass.

If you have a family, strongly consider a cuddy cabin. Gives the wife a place to change, get out of the weather, store stuff, use the head, take a nap, :Lets_do_i, whatever. :D They generally ride much drier too.
  17. Afry

Buy a 21'-23' WA forget the cc if you want the family on the boat more then once, course maybe that's not so bad either.
  18. SSBELL

We looked at a few cuddy cabins and they were nice but in the 21" range they were just to small for all of us. and to get the one that would of been big enough was just to big to take to the lakes. my negibor has a 26' Livesay that i could get for 25k and that is a fishin Boat !! but taking it to the Lakes for tubing would be rough but for the 100 mile jaunt for tuna it would of been perfect!! but i mad the dission to keep the family :) and from what i here there are some people in here that take these boats out 60 miles all thoe not for me at this point:nopity: For the :_portable i think it will work well for the lakes , good point about swells !
  19. KC Kevin

Whatever you get, you are going to have to compromise something. No such thing as the perfect lake boat/ saltwater boat/tubing boat/ fishing boat/ family boat. Just have to start with the greatest need and go from there.
  20. KC Kevin