SS-6470XH in progress

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by tackle junkie, Mar 22, 2008.

Share This Page

1. tackle junkie

Here is a Super Seeker CJBF70XH blank with hypalon grips(10" rear & 12" fore), a PacBay silver aluminum reel seat and a matching gimbal, still to come.

I started out with the butt wrap to determine my color selection. I decided on Gudebrod dark brown, chestnut, medium brown and sandstone. I was going to throw in some tan thread but I only had it in "A" thread. This underwrap will be on the first four guides and then I will have to modify it a little bit to fit the space. I have not figured out what the top wraps will look like but I'll get to that when the time comes.

I am using Fuji CHBSG guides and I am trying out a size 25 as the stripper guide. Its tall but I figure I am matching it with an Accurate B2-665N so it should be fine. If you have an opinion on this please comment whether for or against. I am going to be fishing 60# line on it. I static tested the rod and it looked good and felt good. I can't wait to hook a big fish or a rock on this set-up. I hope the pictures upload this time. I had the wrong setting on my camera the first time I tried to upload.

I just added a couple of pictures of the overwraps. I am thinking about alternating the guide wraps with light colored wraps and dark colored wraps. Although the darker colors are catching my eye than the light colored wraps.

Attached Files:

2. The Notorious S.U.A

very nice, looking foward to seeing the finished product.

3. F15hK1ll3r

Yea looks good like the color

4. The Bushman

Kinda "old school" lookin! I like it!!

5. Kareem Korn

I think that's the best color choice I've seen so far.

6. 1:11

nice looking 60# rod

7. okie man

VERY NICE!

8. WreckinBall

Looking good, Jose!