Spark plugs

Discussion in 'Boating Discussion' started by alanstorie, Apr 17, 2006.

Share This Page

1. alanstorie

Hey what kind of spark plugs should I use in my ski boat -- it has a chevy 350 in it and a OMC cobra outdrive its 20' long....
  2. Mots

Bring an old one to napa to match, they're about half price as a boat shop.
  3. Kurt

But make damn sure they cannot get wet! And grease the shit outta em on the threads on install. Been there done that, saved a buck and spent quite some time with busted off plugs etc with the non-marine ones. I'd a been fine had I applied thread grease first and/or didn't have a hose break spraying the outside of the block with saltwater.
  4. alanstorie

So they make a marine style one? I bet the old owner used normal ones in it... shit! I hope I won't have a hard time pulling the old ones out.....
  5. Kurt

Probably be a good idea to pull and grease em.
  6. Mots

Napa had my same MARINE plugs, only they were $1.25, instead of $4.00 at the boat shop.
  7. Kurt

Mots my wrong. They do carry the marine stuff. Lotsa guys use the truck stuff if they have freshwater cooling and a decent enclosure to keep the plugs dry.

For that matter NAPA's shit is almost always cheaper if they carry it regardless of the item.
  8. alanstorie

Cheap is good $$$$$$ Thanks for the advise....
  9. Mot's Sr.

Send a PM to DaGoose, he just bought 100 plugs on the internet, cheap, due to trolling and low RPM's the engines really go through plugs and they get fouled up fast.