**SOLDOUT!!! -3/4 Day BD Special/Potluck on the Point Loma with Capt. Ron Baker Trip!

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by nunyabizness1, Feb 23, 2012.

1. nunyabizness1

Nunyabizness – Killer cheesecake

Mikeylikesit & Opielikesit – Smoked Spicy YFT

JoJo Jarhead aka Gus - Chicken Wings

Mr. Bill - Tri Tip

Pachodie - Spinach dip

2MAYEtoes + Desi – siracha-orange drumsticks & wings, strawberry shortcake

@ - EZ – Shrimp

Simon & Otto – Donuts

Snarl – Costco variety pack of chips

I’m Off + 2 - smoked halibut, and smoked yellowtail

Kevin -Guacamole and Chips

Stucktip – Aguachile

Mrkrabs – Sushi roll, California Rolls platter

INOXicated – Make your own taco deal with fire of you choice and Candy

J.Akuhed & Danny – Flaming Spam Balls and Kimchee Sushi

Zhalvaje – KFC

La Vida –

Spyder –

Back by popular demand! We had such a great time last year on this trip and the previous trips, that I had several requests to book another trip on the Point Loma with Captain Ron Baker. The date is set for April 22, 2012. THe departure and return time is to be determined and we will be targeting local halibut unless the yellowtail bite is going off, then we may make the decision to head to Mexico that day! The cost is $66 unless we need to purchase Mexico permits, come prepared to do so.

This is a potluck event, so everyone needs to bring some food to share. This should be something easy to serve that does not require cooking on the boat. Bring whatever serving utensils are needed for your food item. Keep it simple, pizza, salads, smoked seafood, appetizers, subs, etc. The Point Loma will have beer, sodas, water and coffee for sale. You cannot bring alcoholic beverages on board, it's against the regulations so please do not try that.

You will need to call the office to RSVP directly at: 619/223-1627 for our event date April 22, 2012! Don't hesitate! Once the trip is full, we cannot add others! Captain Ron has a special prize for the jackpot winner. If anyone else has prizes to donate, please contact me. They would be greatly appreciated!

Who has their reservation in??? Max @-ez was the jackpot winner last year! Will Otto show him up with a lizard fish win?

LET THE SHIT-TALKING BEGIN!!!!

<font color="black"><font face="Verdana"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]Here's a cut and paste of the post from last year's event:

Wow! What a great day we had with a great group of people. Like Slater said, zero attitude out there today! Just a bunch of people having an enjoyable day on the water! We had way too much food of all kinds; everyone should be full for days!

<o:p></o:p>

Captain Ron, Cory, and Brett (sp?) did a great job taking care of us and doing all they could to get us on the fish. Thank you so much!<o:p></o:p>

Although the weather has been cold and rainy the past few days, today started out a bit chilly with 47 degree weather, but clear and no forecast for rain. So we met up at the landing @ 6 am, loaded the Point Loma and were leaving the dock by 6:30. A view of the downtown skyline as the sun roseâ&#8364;¦

[​IMG]

We headed to the Coronadoâ&#8364;&#8482;s in search of yellows as we heard that one of the sport boats caught a couple yellows the day before. If we couldnâ&#8364;&#8482;t land any yellows, the plan was to continue on in search of rockfish. Here are a few shots of the group as we waited for the bait tanks to be filledâ&#8364;¦<o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Itâ&#8364;&#8482;s always nice to dress for the weather and both Gil Marlin (Scott) and I came prepared. I had my favorite NY Giants gloves on while Scott showed off his! I like mine better! J<o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]<o:p> </o:p>
    Carl got busy hanging up the skunk flag on Ottoâ&#8364;&#8482;s rods for Otto to find laterâ&#8364;¦ Slater offers assistanceâ&#8364;¦<o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pics while on the ride outâ&#8364;¦<o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]
    PULLINAHI aka Ryan and Michelle<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>[​IMG] </o:p>
    We had a potluck and the food was outstanding! Too much to list and post pics but here are a few! No one went hungry and â&#8364;&#339;peopleâ&#8364; ate pretty much non-stop throughout the day! Smoked fish, tamales, pizza, salsa, chips, dips, mac salad, potato salad, candy, cheese cake with fresh berries, KFC Chicken, enchiladas, carrots and dip, fresh baked breads, cheese/crackers/pepperoni, donuts, cookies, Cajun shrimp, and the list goes on! <o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think Carl, aka Snaggie aka X2, can give a full report on the food as he sampled pretty much all of it! <o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]<o:p></o:p>
    Sleepy peeps on the ride out! This poor guy was seasick throughout the entire day. Sleeping while standing was impressive! <o:p></o:p>
    And Miss Chevous (Shannon) sneaks in a catnap. <o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]
    IKNOXicated (John) decides to troll on the way to the islands. We were a bit worried since he wasnâ&#8364;&#8482;t strapped in but I was ready with the camera in case he got a hook-up! No hookups but he gets credit for trying!<o:p></o:p>

The first fish caught was by Michelle (Pullinahiâ&#8364;&#8482;s girlfriend) she won one of the BD Girlâ&#8364;&#8482;s shirts! I caught the 2<sup>nd</sup> fish (rockfish) and there were a few fish caught but for the most part, the day started off with very small fish. The yellows were not to be found on this trip for us but we did catch a variety of fish from lings, to white fish, reds, sculpin, and others. (INSERT COMMENTS FROM CARL, I FORGOT ABOUT THIS PART, IT WAS HILARIOUS) To me the highlight of the trip was my buddy Steve hooked up on the " border="0" alt="" />
    Then the "thresher" charges the boat and we see that it's a brown one with whiskers, ears, a blowhole and my scrambled egg iron in it's grill....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pics of peeps with their fishâ&#8364;¦
    Pullinahi (Ryan) and Michelle

Slater

[​IMG]
    Mikeylikesit with his first whopper of the dayâ&#8364;¦ they did get bigger as the day went onâ&#8364;¦ to this baby ling-lingâ&#8364;¦ and building up to the nice legal ling!<o:p></o:p>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Simon Bon Bowery and his son Ottoâ&#8364;¦ (As Otto outfishes his dad once again! Must have been due to his tin foil BD helmet!)<o:p></o:p>
    Dillonâ&#8364;&#8482;s FIRST EVER FISH!<o:p></o:p>

INOXicated<o:p></o:p>

[​IMG]
    Zhalvaje (Alex) with this nice catch!<o:p></o:p>

Miss Chevous (Shannon) with her new fish earring! She was doing great catching lots of fish throughout the day!
    [​IMG]
    Nunyabizness (Maggie aka me) trying to copy Shannon with my own fish earrings. Luckily, I did catch plenty of other fish bigger in size! This white fish was my biggest of the day!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gil Marlin (Scott) with his first whopper! Yes, we all were catching little fish for the first part of the day! I began to wonder if we should go for the smallest fish instead of biggest for the jackpot! Geesh, it was a tough start to the day catching these but at least we werenâ&#8364;&#8482;t skunked and we ended up with some quality-sized fish to fill our bags.
    Cathy with her first fish caught since she fished at the age of 12!<o:p></o:p>
    Other fish picsâ&#8364;¦

[​IMG]
    The rail shotâ&#8364;¦ Miss Chevous, Carl, Pullinahi, Michelle, Zhalvaje, Ottoâ&#8364;¦<o:p></o:p>
    We had a few people fighting to win the title away from Snarl (Carl aka X2 aka Snaggie) as the king of snags! He had a few trying to compete for the Snaggie title but in the end, he retained his title as you can see from the pics below!<o:p></o:p>

The weather warmed up beautifully and the sun came out. Gil Marlin is sure to take care of his close friend and provides some â&#8364;&#339;sunscreen lotionâ&#8364; protection from the sun for Simonâ&#8364;¦ hmmmmmm<o:p></o:p>

Dillon and his dad (Hillbillybread) joined the group as newcomersâ&#8364;¦ Dillon is a great kid and got to experience catching his very first fish on this trip! Way to go Dillon! Great job! Thanks John (Iknox for introducing these new BDers to us and thanks for all the great food too!) The gang was great in helping Dillon out and getting him on his first fish! Hereâ&#8364;&#8482;s one of his fishâ&#8364;¦<o:p></o:p>

@-ez (Max) with the first of many fish, each growing in size until he won the jackpot monster ling!<o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then Maxâ&#8364;&#8482;s monster lingâ&#8364;¦
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And Max (@-ez) did win the jackpot with that incredible monster ling he caught (1 of 2 lings for him today!) He was very cool in giving the jackpot to Captain Ron and crew, and his grand prize, (a season pass donated by Captain Ron to ride the Point Loma) he gave to one of the BDers (Gus) who recently lost his wife at Christmas after 17+ years of illness. Gus missed out on many fishing trips just so he wouldn't miss out on the time with his wife. Now it's time for him to get out fishing. What a fantastic gesture and gift from you Max! A true class act! <o:p></o:p>
    And Otto caught a Chicken! Catch of a lifetime for him today! Must have been that helmet that brought him luck!
    Miss Chevous trying to balance in the choppy water conditions as she ties a knotâ&#8364;¦
    [​IMG] <o:p></o:p>
    Simon is in tearsâ&#8364;¦ ask him why he is dying here in this picture and why Carl is fanning the airâ&#8364;¦ hmmmm<o:p></o:p>
    We had prizes that included BD Swag donated by BD, Edâ&#8364;&#8482;s Jigs donated by Mikeylikesit and various prizes I donated. Zhalvaje won this lovely hat which he gladly shows off trying to be cool like Otto in his new calico hat he won from the raffle!<o:p></o:p>
    And some nice filets to end the dayâ&#8364;¦<o:p></o:p>

Thank you all to those who participated in this event. Thanks for bringing in all the great food to share with the gang! I hope you enjoyed the trip as much as I did! It was great to have new BDers join us too! I enjoyed meeting you and hope you arenâ&#8364;&#8482;t too scarred from today!

TOTAL FISH COUNT:

POINT LOMA 3/4 Day 23 Fishing 14 Whitefish, 131 Rockfish, 20 Vermilion Rockfish, 3 Lingcod

Click on this link to see all the pictures from today: <o:p></o:p>
    http://bdtrippointloma41011.shutterfly.com/
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  2. Carl

Anybody interested in a Lizardfish sidepot?:D

So many pics to scroll through to post Snag E !
  3. Simon Bon Bowery

Quit bitching, are you going?

It only took me ten minutes to get to the bottom.<label for="rb_iconid_10">[​IMG]</label>
  4. nunyabizness1

When I posted to let the Shit talking begin, I didn't mean whining!! Seems like most of those pictures are of you two!!!
  5. Simon Bon Bowery

Scott,

Please pass me a napkin.........
  6. ZHALVAJE

:rofl:

I'm down with it.......what do you say Mr. Marlin.....pay back time. Now we have Maggie.
  7. Johnny J

Use the Any Key to scroll faster.
  8. Danny

So lets see who is going?
    I'm on it. My reservation is in along with 2maytoes (Cristin Kelly) and her Boyfriend Desi
  9. nunyabizness1

Awwww, look at the pic of me with Mr Gil Marlin showing off our gloves with our favorite football teams logos! Go Giants! Little did he know he was posing with the #1 fan of the upcoming Super Bowl winning team!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  10. @-EZ

barf

:D

I'm in. I'll call Ron this morning.

Max.