SO is anyone else going on the june 4th 7 day on the royal star??????

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range Fishing' started by The Notorious S.U.A, Apr 14, 2005.

Share This Page

1. The Notorious S.U.A

just booked it today.

im stoked.
  2. branman

Cool! you will have a great time and look forward to hearing about your trip.
  3. The Notorious S.U.A

ill make sure i take an assload of pictures.
  4. Luv2Fish

I have my own 7-day charter on the Q105 for june 18. I will be following your trip very closely!..good luck down there!!!!!!!
    mike
  5. The Notorious S.U.A

i have one 50W 2 speed and two 30W's. one two speed and the other one speed.

should i invest in second 50W and have the 30W's blueprinted for 60 lb?
  6. chriscoobs

george who is going on that trip? just you or you and ur dad? im gonna book a spot on that trip tomorrow i think. later george.
  7. The Notorious S.U.A

no. my father died about 2 weeks ago. im probably taking a friend of mine on the trip in his place.
  8. chriscoobs

damn george im sorry about ur father. give me a call when ever man, id love to catch up. about the trip does anyone else think its a little bit early in the season? it should be an alijos rocks trip im guessing? what do you guys think? too early or good early trip to be on? thanks.
  9. The Notorious S.U.A

randy and tim both think it will be epic.
  10. Spooler

I went on an 8 day trip in early June last year aboard the Islander. It was a great trip but that time of year you won't need the real heavy gear.

You will spend a day in the albacore grounds between 100-120 miles out of San Diego then head down to Guadalupe Island for Yellowfin (probably not, too early) or San Benitos Island for a day or two of very LARGE yellowtail action. You will then head towards Cedros Island for yellowtail action again and make another stop in the albacore grounds on the way back to San Diego.

I had the expectation of catching larger fish and more species of fish on the trip, but found out that this is just too early in the season to expect much else then albacore and yellowtail. Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of fun, just nothing that would take more than 40lb. line.

If your goal is to catch larger yellowfin, bluefin, wahoo etc. then plan on a 10 day trip in October or November.

Good Luck!
  11. The Notorious S.U.A

all right, so far its just me and chriscoobs.

hey bloody decks, do you think you could hook us up with some bloodydecks schwag to wear on the trip? stickers maybe?
  12. The Notorious S.U.A

about 2 more weeks, im friggin stoked. cant wait to go.
  13. The Notorious S.U.A

hahahaha bitches.

leaving on sat.!

im fucking amped.
  14. chriscoobs

yea it should be a fun trip, george im coming down tonite rather than sat morn, should be there before 10pm. give me a call dood.
  15. Steve K

See you guys out there. I'm a little jealous cuz you're leaving two days before I am, but mine's a 8 day so I get to fish one more day. Let's hope for some tuna fish. Looks like Yellows are going off, BIG ones!
  16. The Notorious S.U.A

yeah you get an extra day, but there wont be any fish left by the time we're done with the rocks.
  17. Steve K

get 'em!
  18. chriscoobs

george im gonna stay up here for the night and i will be at the landing by 10:30 give me a call if anything comes up. laters man