San Quintin road trip! DATE CHANGE TO FEB 5,6,7,8 !!!

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by MikeyLikesIt, Jan 14, 2009.

1. MikeyLikesIt

Well, the Seadawg crew is heading back down to SQ.

Looking at leave O'dark thirty on THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 5th-travel down and fish the afternoon for dinner fare......then hit it hard on Friday and Saturday, and sleep in and travel back on SUNDAY Feb 8th, 2009.

WIFEY WARNING: all wifey warnings have expired.

We always have fun, we always eat like KINGS; the fishing is almost a given if you have some of eds jigs......so how 'bout it gang? :D

We would like to put together a caravan for the trip.......

this trip is very affordable if you take your own boat.

If you have never been, well, you cant ask for a better guided tour.......we usually end up buddy boating with Kelly.....at least for part of the day...

COME ON JOIN US! :D
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  2. johnnylite

Do I need 4 wheel drive to launch? My wife would go for this even the valentine part.
  3. SeaDawg

Dates are now 5 feb thru 8 Feb

What time we leaving? 0430 (am)

If you don't have a boat, there are a variety to choose from down there,

K&M Offshore - Kelly and his son's
    Capt Juan
    Capt Jamie
    Don Eddies has boats as well :)

I gotta start kissing up to mama NOW!!!!!!!!

This trip is ALOT of fun if we get 20 - 30 people together. We have taken over Don Eddie's in the past. Last trip we hung out at Jardin's for dinner. One of Kelly's sons works there, excellant food :)
    • San Quintin road trip! DATE CHANGE TO FEB 5,6,7,8 !!!-DSC01285.JPG
    • San Quintin road trip! DATE CHANGE TO FEB 5,6,7,8 !!!-DSC01254.JPG
    • San Quintin road trip! DATE CHANGE TO FEB 5,6,7,8 !!!-DSC01245.JPG
  4. Ali

This trip is always a blast.

Why don't you guys do it one week either side of Valentines day to make it easier on most.

I might have to hitch the grady up for one last ride....
  5. SeaDawg

OK - we heard you - dates now 5 thru 8 February :)

From past experience, we leave here at 4:30am and have the boat in the water down there by 11am. We fish a 1/2 day and provide fresh dinner the first night for those who don't fish that first day :) I can't even begin to explain how good the food is :)

Anyway, then we fish 2 full days after that, and take our time coming home on the 4th day.

I have made this trip, 4 guys, 2 vehicles, 2 rooms, all the gas, insurance, all the food for less than $270 each FOR EVERYTHING if you tow a boat :) That is for 3 nights lodging and all gas for the boat & the vehicles :)
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  6. el capo

You guys should see if you can get Kelly to take you to the Pink Flamingo bar.
  7. SeaDawg

:) We couldn't even get him to come to dinner with us :)
  8. sdangler

Just as long as they have your chips right???

"No fucking chips, I'm outta here."
  9. SeaDawg

You should be OK with a 21 foot boat. I launch my 23 with a 2 wheel drive :)
  10. SeaDawg

Now, I'm trying awful hard not to say anything negative :) But I am NOT gonna eat chips out of a freakin bag in San Quintin!!!!! :rofl:

Charge me EXTRA for the freakin things if the tortillas are expensive, don't stop making fresh chips, I mean what the fuck! :rofl:

You gonna roll with us Mark????????
  11. sdangler

I'm working the RCU (Resource Consumption Unit) angle now... You know I'd love to go...
  12. FishStalker

If the boat sails, I'll be on the Pac Voyager that weekend and we'll be at San Martin and vicinity on Sunday for sure. Stop by for a Mr Jeff burger :D
  13. bigdaddyjon

i do not have a boat but i would like to go if i can hitch a ride and help with fuel and bait ? let me know or i can rent a panga . never had been there would like to go .let me know .
  14. elvagabundo

What's with this SeaDawg and his profanity? Is he capable of expressing himself without the vulgarity? Have a nice day.
  15. SeaDawg

Dickwad :) Why is this guy in our post Mikey? :rofl:
  16. Eye Problem

I may be in for this one ifin i can round up crew. Yo Vince, can you hear me now?
  17. SeaDawg

This guy elvagabundo is lookin for a ride Greg - I heard he posts fish reports on Bloodydecks!
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  18. MikeyLikesIt

Im flexible on the dates Harry.....but Im thinking I had better spend a day THIS WEEKEND doing the boat work that I skipped out on LAST WEEKEND to go fishing! :D
  19. Sluester

Always a good time down there. If anyone needs a stick let me know.
  20. el capo

I don't know about old,that guy will run circles around most guys his age.I have known Kelly since 1995 and his wife does not care if he goes out with the boys,she has gone out with us as well.

Have a great time and make sure to ask Kelly where the bushpigs are.I would say count me in but dia de valentino is one I won't be able to get away for.