San Diego Yellow Tail

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by mrkrabs, May 23, 2012.

Share This Page

1. mrkrabs

The San Diego out of Seaforth had 112 Yellow Tail for 39 anglers. I'm saying shit, shit, shit, Wish I could have been on that boat. Some of the overnight boats did good too. And I'm still saying shit, shit, shit. I was on one trip like that and it was unbelievable. Hopefully a few guys can get out tomorrow and kill some fish. mrkrabs:2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1:
  2. Tunahead

LMAO Yep and Malahini had 79 too. Those yellows aren't going anywhere,
    they should just keep on comin'!!! I'll get out again after Memorial Day
    and all this wind the 3rd-5th. LET"S ROCK! LOL
  3. la vida

Go get em!!!
    This always happens when I'm far away............................................
  4. 26grumpy

Get um' good Ron!!!
  5. Ultimate Catch

I'll be on the San Diego on Friday. A duddy's birthday and his wife reserved two spots.
  6. Rocketscyther

Yeee-Haaaaw... Let's get 'um boyzzzz!
  7. rza007

MooooooMoooooo wrangle em up Lassie.
  8. Local Fishin'

Yup, going to be a good season.
  9. Danthefishman

Was supposed to be heading out tomorrow, but called it off due to weather outlook. Goddamnit, now its too late. Wonder how sloppy it was today for an 18'er
  10. Ultimate Catch

Well, at 3:40 pm today a 20 foot baot overturned in Mission Beach.
  11. dkd711

Better check the weather for the next few days guys! Get Sum!!!!
  12. Danthefishman

And thats why when the swells are up I will launch at Shelter rather Than messing with the jetty in MB. Well, glad im working instead. Sounds like this kinds thing should continue through the summer. Already more yellows caught than all of last year it seems. Next weekend I guess. Careful out there guys
  13. ?? fisherman

The MB channel was dredged years ago, it's not all that bad. Also the boat that flipped was reportedly not in the channel nor anywhere near the channel, but rather off La Jolla.

The unknown fisherman:p:
  14. rkl303

Just my luck I went the day earlier...
  15. GUERO

we got 50+ on The Chubby2
    south wind in the face on the way down. Current was all over the place. Fish were all under the birds, they ate the Jo-Jo all day real good
  16. andyrox

Anyone have pointers to share on how to get the yellows?

Live bait-
    -what #test for bait? Flouro? Nose hook or butt hook?

iron-
    -surface or yoyo? Regular size or jr's? Hot colors?
  17. Baja Belk

Crap. Hot bite on Wednesday. I'm going Saturday. That means slow today, Hot again Friday...and.......damn. Slow on Saturday. Stupid yellowtail.
  18. backlashjack

No, no. It'll be good saturday. i'm going
  19. Junyy

I'll wait this one out. Good luck out there.
  20. bmachale

:finger: Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere?