Rusty Hook/Q105 Hurricane Bank Classic 10/11 to 10/26

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore Trip Planning' started by rusty_038, Jun 12, 2008.

1. rusty_038

THERE IS STILL TIME TO SIGN UP!!! The Qualifier 105 out of Point Loma Sportfishing just added the 15 day, Ride down/Ride back, 1st Annual Hurricane Bank Classic. Hurricane Bank and/or Cow Town below Mag Bay will be our destination options. The trip will be sponsored by the Rusty Hook fishing tackle in San Pedro. Dates are: Departs Saturday, Oct. 11 and returns Sunday, Oct. 26th. Price is $3995 + the usual extras (Mexican permits, excise tax, crew tip, fuel surcharge, etc.) Passenger load will be limted to 27. There will be a HUGE raffle of over $4000 in giveaways. There will be trophies for the largest tuna and wahoo. A complimentary DVD video of the trip will be shot by The Rusty Hook for all participants. Stateroom reservations and boarding order given in the order deposits are received. Call the Q105 office today! (619) 223-2786.

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.

PS The Q105 added a RSW (refrigerated sea water) hold this year.
    This should be the FIRST trip to the Hurricane Bank this fall.
  2. rusty_038

We have 14 signed up on this trip. The Q105 office told me it is going. This is an outstanding chance to go fish the Hurricane Bank with a light load. Call the Q Girls at 619-223-2786 for more information and reservations.

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.
  3. 1:11

Alex, Who is the current Captain of the 105, who will be running this trip? Thanks.
  4. rusty_038

The Captain will be Joe Crisci. I have fished with him in the past when Brian Sims was the Captain. Joe was the second Captain on my last trip to Clipperton in 2004. He is a great guy and is proving to be an excellent skipper.

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.
  5. 1:11

Thanks Alex, looks like it could be an Epic trip. Hope you mop up the skins. Week before the sold out winter wanderlust, and light. Strange.
  6. rusty_038

Yes, Jason, strange indeed. I think that the present economic climate is the biggest problem. Less money available for extravagant trips like this one. Plus, the long range crowd is still hoping the 10-day trips will be like the "miracle season" we had a few years ago. Lots of guys are still sitting on the fence waiting to see what happens. They think that if the 10-day trips don't pan out, there are enough 15-16-day trips that are light that they can grab a spot at the last minute. In the mean time, a lot of those trips are on the brink of cancellation due to the few number of players that are brave enough to put their money down. I think the longer trips are going to be fewer due to the lack of interest.

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.
  7. rusty_038

There is still time to get on this trip. We currently have 16 and the trip is a GO! This could be the trip of your lifetime with such a light load. Don't let this opportunity slip away...

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.
  8. rusty_038

As of Tuesday 9/16 we have 21 passengers on this trip. There are still 5 openings. The trip is definitely going. Call the Q105 office to sign up.

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.
  9. rusty_038

Got a call from the Qualifier 105 office today and they informed me the fuel surcharge for this trip will be $10-$15 per day. We are already planning next year's trip. Anglers on the 2008 trip will have priority for 2009. ANY MORE EXCUSES???????????

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.
  10. rusty_038

The Qualifier 105 office notified me today that we now have 22 passengers on our trip. We still have 4 spaces available for those of you that are uncommitted.

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.
  11. rusty_038

I don't know if I can stand it anymore. 5 more looong days before we leave. Still wrapping rods, trying to get all the bills paid, and tying up loose ends before we leave. We have 23 anxious anglers waiting for the week to end. Had to dodge the bullet at jury duty last week. Had to wait 2 days to get my chance to try to get off a trial. Got out by the skin of my teeth Friday. Looks like TS Norbert will be out of the way by the time we depart. Just have to pray that a disturbance off of mainland Mexico does not turn into TD Odile and TS Marco stays in the Gulf of Mexico. Getting the raffle prizes pulled today, a whole $4000.00 worth! We've already received some donations from Raider Jigs and Pure Fishing to sweeten the pot. Looking forward to breaking in a couple of new rods from Calstar that I'm building and my new Accurate Boss Magnum 665H that I won at the United Anglers dinner.

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.