Rusty Hook Charter on the Mirage 9/10

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore Trip Planning' started by rusty_038, Sep 5, 2007.

1. rusty_038

We have a few openings on our 1-day Rusty Hook charter on the Mirage fishing the Channel Islands. The trip departs Sunday, 9/9, at 10 PM fishing on Monday, 10/10. Cost is $119.00 per person. Limited load 20 passengers. For reservations and information, call Alex at 310-832-2429 or Gail at 805-488-2212. The Mirage has been picking away at the White Seabass with some big hits recently. There have also been a few big Halibut in the mix and stellar lingcod and rockfish to round things out. Call today.

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.

9-6-07 Only 2 spots left! Call today.

9-7-07 One spot left! Any takers?
  2. rusty_038

Trip is sold out. Pray for White Seabass!!!

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.
  3. cappo

Good luck man. Capt Joe is the Man up in the 805.
  4. rusty_038

Thanks, I hope the weather is good enough for us to hit one of our favorite Ling cod spots.

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.
  5. Mikey

Go get em Alex!
  6. rusty_038

Just got back from our overnight charter on the Mirage out of Port Hueneme Sportfishing. Made squid off the east end of Santa Rosa and did not move the boat at daybreak. We caught 2 barracuda, 2 bonito, and 9 big yellowtail from 25# to 30# using the dropper loop rig with squid. High angler was Eliazar Jimenez of San Pedro with 3 of the brutes. Jackpot was an estimated 30# yellowtail (bottomed out a 25# scale) caught by Ernie Branch. After the yellowtail bite was over, we moved out to the Santa Rosa Flats where we scratched 170 rockfish and 7 ling cod in 10-20 kt winds. Largest lingcod was landed by yours truly with a 24 pounder caught on a Tady 15 jig. Big thanks to Captain Joe Villareal and crew for a fun trip in tough conditions.

Good fishing,
    rusty_038

The Rail is my friend.