Read this and DO IT !!!

Discussion in 'Nonsense Anything Boards' started by ?? fisherman, Sep 17, 2009.

1. ?? fisherman

Please pay attention, as this is really easy to do......

On June 25th, 2009 the San Diego County Water Authority (CWA) voted to increase several of the rates it charges for imported water begining on September 1, 2009 with additional rate increases becoming effective January 1, 2010.

To cut to the chase......

YOU CAN PROTEST THE PROPOSED RATE ADJUSTMENT!!!!!!

Listen up!

California law prohibits the city from implementing the new rates if a majority of the affected property owners or tenants file a written protest opposing the rates before the end of the public hearing. Only one protest per affected property will be counted towards the majority protest.

Written protests must be received by the City Clerk, Mail Station No. 2P, City Administration Building, 202 C Street, San Diego, Ca 92101, before the end of the public hearing which is scheduled for 10:00am, November 17, 2009. Each protest must identify the affected property (by street address of Assessor's Parcel number) and include the signature of the property owner or utility customer of record. No E-Mail protests.

Please take the time to spread this news and DO THIS!!

This info is being mailed to you as well by the City of San Diego, but I feel many will throw it away without realizing what it is and how simple it is to beat this!

Spread the word please, tell your friends and neighbors!!!

The unknown fisherman:p:
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. Shocktower

Dam they want everybody to be poor there ,just Tax/Untilitys the shit out you guy`s ,so people who live there do some thing
  3. Tues

:shake:

IF you live in a HOA, condo, town house, apt or you are a property manager, landscaper and you want to SAVE SOME REAL CASH...let me know.

It's way more than just a BD discount...

The more the larger water users save, the better it is going to be for the typical homeowner.

The only way to eat an elephant is in little pieces folks...

Just say'n.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  4. ?? fisherman

Huh ??

This is not against trying to use less water...... it's completely about doing away with another rate increase in which we can easily avoid by sending in one letter per household. They cannot do the rate increase if their is a majority of households against it.

The problem is (as it looks right here on BD) is that not enough people will take a second and send in the notice (which will stop this) but instead will bitch when the rate increase comes to reality.
  5. Tues

SoCal (all of CA) water will go nothing but up over the next ten years. Unless SoCal starts a better conservation plan...but to be honest, it's too late.

Kind of like the MLPA...Not enough was done earlier in the game and now everyone is living with the consequences.

You can write all the letters you want, protest, stop drinking water but unless you conserve this resource...U B FUCKED!

When there is NO water then you'll pay whatever just to get it!

I don't don't like to talk shop on this board but trust me on this one.
  6. ?? fisherman

Not true bro!!

Did you read ALL of my first post???

By Law, this cannot happen if the majority of homeowners oppose it.

The city of San Diego is sending out notices on this (I received mine yesterday), not to mention numerous radio stations talking about it (about the fact that the rate increase can be stopped), but like I said, and like was just shown here even with you, most will probably skim over the top and not send in their notice opposing the rate increase, and thus they will happen. I know this rate increase is not alot, but it's just their start to something more.

Read again below:

California law prohibits the city from implementing the new rates if a majority of the affected property owners or tenants file a written protest opposing the rates before the end of the public hearing. Only one protest per affected property will be counted towards the majority protest.

Written protests must be received by the City Clerk, Mail Station No. 2P, City Administration Building, 202 C Street, San Diego, Ca 92101, before the end of the public hearing which is scheduled for 10:00am, November 17, 2009. Each protest must identify the affected property (by street address of Assessor's Parcel number) and include the signature of the property owner or utility customer of record. No E-Mail protests.

7. Scarleg

I just got my water bill yesterday and it has the new rate increase on it.
    Single family house and I DO NOT use water excessively and rate went up sixty bucks from last month.I am only aloud to water on Tues,Thurs and Sat.
    Told kids to take ten minute or less showers and have cut back like they asked but still am getting bent over:indabutt:.:1041677399:
  8. Tues

Read it and understand/understood and GOOD LUCK SAN DIEGO! I wish nothing but the best on getting 51% of homeowners to write a letter.

Since I'm in the water business...

A average irrigation system (your house, park, office building, sea world....whatever) OVER irrigates 30-300% daily. That's BILLIONS of gallons of water!!!!

Have you ever seen sprinklers water the street, sidewalk, rocks? What...do people think they're going to grow those rocks into boulders? All that run off is causing pollution in our oceans. THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSES IN MY OPINION before they shut down fishing but I'll digress...

?? - You need to address the issue, which is conservation, not the impossible of getting 51% of the people to write a letter.

Water is going up and will go up becasue of supply and demand.

ps At least the thread is getting bumped...it might get a couple more people to write a letter. Killing a bunch of trees to save money makes sense to someone (why not email...who knows) Not a treehugger but I like the shade...
  9. SICK FISH

Everyone in America get ready. All your utilities will double. Cap n trade . Gotta get the $$$$ somewhere just to pay the interest on the bail outs and such. Fucking MESS
  10. KNTMMF

Did anyone read the article in the UT from Sept 13 about the h2o utilities saying we all cut back on h2o too much and now they are hurting? HUH?

Thanks for the heads up Mike, this sounds expensive in the long run...$60 more a month for a year is $780! That's a new fat reel for me. Getting my letter together.
  11. ?? fisherman

The word Treehugger is highly overused all of the time. Trust me, after many years in the sun & paying the price, I like trees too!!!

And yes, it appears that there will not be a 51% majority opposing the rate increase, but who knows.

What kills me is the city when they turn a blind eye to this stuff as well. There was just an article (yesterday I believe) in the San Diego Union Tribune, which showed an area where the water system has been leaking heavily through the ground (city property) and on gravel, road and rocks, causing mooch damage to the street and curb, not to mention the insane amount of wasted water, and yet the city has been blowing this off for many many months even though it has been constantly brought to their attention. Now that the Newspaper got involved, they now have made it a priority to try and fix it (of course huh)

Or how about this one.......

A haevily used street right by my house (Clairemont Drive) is undergoing being torn up and installing new water pipes and replacing the old decaying cast iron with killer new (plastic/ PVC???). In any case, this is a very lengthy project (l over a year? and still ongoing), and yet in this water crisis we have, it amazes me that at times, when they complete an area, they will then have these 4-5" water pipes coming up in the middle of the street and gushing tons & tons of water for hours on end!! They will put a sign up telling people to leave it alone (as there is a shutoff valve) as they are flushing out the new system!

Here we are being repromanded & penalized due to wasting water, and yet they (the city) cant find a better solution to tank that water that is being flushed straight into the gutter by the thousands (probably hundreds of thousands) of gallons!! Im talking a shitload of water here....... why waste it?? And right in plain view of the whole neighborhood that is being told of the shortages....... just stupid!!

12. Tues

They're bringing in a bunch of reclaimed water lines into Diego...which is a good thing. You'll be seeing a bunch of "purple" irrigation related items sticking out of the ground...which is a good thing! FYI - That water is cleaner than the shit you are drinking out of your hoses now so don't be scared of it...
  13. ?? fisherman

Oh I'm not scared of the water!

I'm just not digging the fact that while they are pushing heavily on conservation, they then go and pour thousands upon thousands upon thousands of gallons of water right into the street and down the gutter, when in fact they could tank it and make good use of it (water plants, put it in those waterdown trucks.....)

If it were a small amount, that's one thing, but this is an insane amount of water I am talking about. Just makes no sense after all the conservation talk they are pushing.

14. SICK FISH

Look at all the water that runs down our rivers into the sea.