Rare newell

Discussion in 'Rods and Reels' started by 808Bonefish, Apr 8, 2013.

1. 808Bonefish

There a newell with 5 stack brakes V521 looking for some LMK how much also looking for blue and green newell to thanks guy send me your pm
  2. reel man

A V521 just sold on ebay for, $436.
  3. 808Bonefish

Thanks
    That how I found out there a five stack brakes now I want some to fish with.
    Do you know how much was made and what was the biggest seize hey have.
  4. reel man

There were no more than 30 of these made. Mine pulls 28# of drag, and maybe more, but what for?
  5. jiggyn

I would just have Jerry "Reel Man" build a narrowed P533 they are so sweet and built way better than the V521
  6. peesherman

Lol... a blue or green V521. Thats more rare than a pink cow bro. V521's only came in black and was a limited run. That reel is nothing new.
  7. Fishybuzz

Yep he did one for me.....sweet reel
  8. 808Bonefish

I going make the v521 to a tib 550 and put 100lb test for shore casting small then my 646 that's why I want that 5 series 5 stack brake and 5.5 gears for jack up in shallow waters
  9. RyoK

Jerry how much drag does your converted 533 push out?
  10. 808Bonefish

Peesherman I said also look for blue and green newell not blue v521 newell
    You have blue or green newell I buying any size I asking to buy 3 difference newell model reels
  11. Texastuna

I have a V521 to trade for a couple old D8s
  12. 808Bonefish

13. 808Bonefish

Is the rc cars
  14. peesherman

RC cars? D8's are Trulines bro.
  15. 808Bonefish

16. GT808

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jiggyn
    I would just have Jerry "Reel Man" build a narrowed P533 they are so sweet and built way better than the V521

Do you have a V521? Did you fish/compare side to side w/p533? Why is the p533 built better? I have an p533-5.5 to trade for V521. I want a light reel to cast w/ high speed retrieve & big braking power. Want to hunt down that 100#+giant trevally!
  17. GT808

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jiggyn

Do you have a V521? Did you fish/compare side to side w/p533? Why is the p533 built better? I have an p533-5.5 to trade for V521. I want a light reel to cast w/ high speed retrieve & big braking power. Want to hunt down that 100#+giant trevally!
  18. jiggyn

got to check it out when Newell was last at the Fred Hall show. Did not feel well built, note those were only prototypes at that time
    as the P series Newells, guys here can attest that they are great reels and tested well and the 533 have big drags, they have been fished for wahoo and those are drag burners
  19. 808Bonefish

I have use a p550 and landed a shibi from casting shore it was over 40lb it spooled my reel and it 325yard 80lb. Last year same reel I hade a ulua I could not stop in time maybe 100lb plus that why some time I use a 646 or a Trinidad 50 it's I little heavy. In tournament some u can use 5 poles i check bait every 5 to 10 min x 3days of casting 8-10oz lead the back come sore. That y trying the vreel see if could work for me lighter and I heard 28lb of drag got to try it
  20. GT808

The V521-5.5 has all "P" components. Alum. spool,metal clicker/button,alum.star drag,both side bearing caps,long graphite handle w/lrg paddle knob. Deep dish main gear to accommodate FIVE brake discs! Looks pretty cool too! All engraved numbers & lettering (blacked out!).
    "V" probably stands for VICIOUS ! Or if Darth Vader had a fishing reel, this would be it!!! The force is strong in this reel bonefish! I want one! Lol.
    Free bump bonefish!