Quadrajet tutorial?

Discussion in 'Boating Discussion' started by gpaul1961, Feb 23, 2012.

1. gpaul1961

I just finished going through one of the members carburetors. It happened to be a Rochester 4 bbl, which is very common to the marine power world. If there is interest as to whats in there and the how, why and where, I am happy to post up pics and some description of the rebuild and mods that were done to get the unit squared away.
  2. Bank Robber

2 of those those things are currently planning a hostile take over of my bank account.

I've never rebuilt a carb but I have rebuilt/assembled a couple chevy 350s and a ford 302 in my time. I'd be interested to see a good tutorial for marine application. Last time my guy charged a little over $200 to do one.
  3. gpaul1961

Send them to me Dean. 20 bucks in parts and that god danged rubber squid that you got!
  4. Bank Robber

That would be cheating!

I"m on the hunt for those rubber squids, I'll let you know if I find them.
  5. gpaul1961

Good man!
  6. ConSeaMate

let's see the play by play.......
  7. gpaul1961

Well, so Dean says, "Hey are those Wranglers?" So I says "Yea man, you into the cowboy thing"

Ohhhh . Carburetor! Right. I'll get it written up.
  8. ConSeaMate

That's a strong man crush you have on Dean.......is his wife aware of this?.....
  9. Bank Robber

Well I'm not sure if you know this Frank but coolness is magnetic.

Let me see if I can put this in terms you will understand. Back when you were in your 40s, I believe there was a group of entertainers called the "rat pack" It was made up of a bunch of cool guys like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra. They got along because of their coolness.

Hope this helps :D
  10. ConSeaMate

I think it will be a while before your cool buddy posts that tutorial......:rofl::rofl::rofl:............I know Carl is really attracted to you......:rofl:.........He must be cool!.....:rofl:......I can see it now.....Glenn,Dean and Carl singing .......Y M C A........:rofl::rofl::rofl:.......

[​IMG]
  11. gpaul1961

Right here is us
    [​IMG]
  12. Bank Robber

I'm sorry I guess I should have used your favorite band the village people. haha besides Carl is more like a rodie LOL

Don't feel to bad this guy says he would like to join your old man club Frank :D
    • Quadrajet tutorial?-geezer of the month.jpg
  13. gpaul1961

Right here is you guys
    [​IMG]
  14. ConSeaMate

OK....I just have to twist the knife a little......Can you please explain in your tutorial why,before I even received the carb back from you I have to send to back to you for a second time?.....[​IMG]......
  15. ConSeaMate

More like these two guys......
    [​IMG]
  16. gpaul1961

NO :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
  17. ConSeaMate

:rofl:................
  18. Bank Robber

don't like
  19. Staged

I thought this thread was about Quadrajet's, but nooooo its gone to........
    • Quadrajet tutorial?-ultragay.jpg
  20. gpaul1961

I will post the Q-Jet info on a new thread. We did screw this one up.