PV Bassing 10/3

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by Kman, Oct 5, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Kman

Well, it’s not a bug post, but here it is anyway.

Lal and I fished PV on the Trailer Trash Tuesday, 10-3.

At least the sunrise was nice.

[​IMG]

There was a great downhill current and the water temps ran 63 in the AM to 66 in the PM. The water was soooooooo clear it wasn’t funny. I could see the bottom with the meter reading 35’!

Anyways, the bassing sucked. We went up as far as the golf course and hit the usual spots for 17 bass and some bycatch. The wind was merciful till around 1400 when it really started to blow. The wind waves were getting up there. When a few three footers went by, we picked one and basically rode it back to Long Beach.

We stopped off at an oil island and picked up three more bass.

Totals: 20 Bass 60/40 calico/sandy, 4 sculpin, 4 rockfish, 2 HUGE mackerel and a lizard fish.

Good God did we lose a lot of gear. We may not have found the fish (though the meter showed they were there), but I believe we found every single hook-catching ledge and rock out there.

Anyways, we didn’t sink the boat or get arrested or towed, so it was another great day on the water. Going out again Saturday or Sunday.

Kurt
  2. KC Kevin

Did you hit on the DFG hottie at the ramp again? LOL

Thanks for the report Kurt.
  3. PHOTOG

Killer day.
  4. Tailman

She wasnt there this time !!!:confused: