Punta Chivato Easter Week 06'

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by fishshirts, Apr 18, 2006.

Share This Page

1. fishshirts

Just drove back on Easter Sunday from a nice 9 day vacation at Chivato. The drive down was not bad with the extra daylight savings time but way too much traffic on the way back!

These are some photos from the trip.

The sting rays were thick!
    rayii6k.jpg

Here's one less on my son's harpoon!
    bobbyray46k.jpg

Ospray checking the action.
    ospray29kb.jpg

Bobby with a Tortuga island yellowtail.
    bobbytail62k.jpg

Here's one about 30.
    dougtaileaster72k.jpg
    Can't wait to go back~~~Doug "Stroker 5"
  2. Silver Bullet I

Great Pics! Im jealous.:finger:
  3. terry c

I used to go to Chivato every easter,man I love that place.Are you the guy who made the T-shirts in the Bill Alvarado days? great shirts. Theres never a shortage of stingrays down there I got nailed once sucked. Oh nice tails
    TERRY
  4. aguachico

Nice; I love that place. Got my 1st yak dorado of of Punta Ines.

AC
  5. Scrapper

I havn't been down there in 15 years. Is there still camping spots available? I heard that the gringo houses took over the camping area. Are the people at the hotel/resteraunt rude? I heard the look down their nose at the "campers" now.
  6. el Toro

Nice Doug. Thanks for the report. Please continue to keep us updated. I love it down there.
  7. fishshirts

THE CAMPING BEACH IS IN GREAT SHAPE WITH NO HOUSES YET. IT'S $10 PER DAY. THE HOTEL IS NO LONGER ANY FUN! THEY DON'T SEEM TO WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYBODY! SUPER HIGH PRICES AND WE HAVE ONLY BEEN TO THE BAR ONCE SINCE NEW OWNERSHIP TOOK OVER. MAKE'S YOU WISH FOR THE OLD DAYS!!!
  8. fishshirts

HI NATE,I WANT TO BE A WEALTH MANAGER TOO!!!
  9. el Toro

Ha, ha. It ain't a bad gig, just not enough time for fishing.

Say hi to Robin for me next time you are down there.
  10. fishshirts

Thanks. Yeah we still do shirts for Chivato, but only up here at the Branding Iron.We are going to have a web site soon.(puntachivatotshirts.com) but it is taking a little time.
  11. Kidjurel

Hey Doug~ Thanks again for letting crash at your pad last night. I'm back on the ROCK :-( guess I should be happy huh? Need to get back on the water and kill some fish, that should help :-) See yah in May~ Mike
  12. fishshirts

Glad you made it! What 600 miles in 11 hours? Catch some fish and we will "hook-up in early May. Post some pics so the rest of us can drool. Doug
  13. Critic

The reason the hotel is so expensive now and has no concern for clientelle is because its a fence for a criminal org., or so Ive heard.
  14. Gil Marlin

Doug, do you have a place on Shell Beach???
  15. fishshirts

WE HAVE A HOUSE SOUTH OF SHELL BEACH. 30' X30' GARAGE WITH A TWO BEDROOM UP STAIRS. LOVE IT DOWN THERE!
  16. fishshirts

A LOT OF RUMORS, A LOT OF BAD FEELINGS. WE ALL WISH THERE WAS A PLACE TO HANG OUT LIKE THE OLD DAYS. THERE IS ALSO NO LONGER A STORE,(THE HOTEL BOUGHT IT). YOU HAVE TO GO TO MULEGE OR SANTA ROSALIA TO RESUPPLY. EVEN SO IT IS A VERY COOL SPOT!
  17. voodoocaptain

Hey Doug....got your message you left in passing on the way home...I was fishing Tortuga at the time...see you in May......Alan
  18. fishshirts

HOW DID YOU DO AT TORTUGA? GOOD I ASSUME..TAKE CARE, SEE YA, DOUG
  19. Kidjurel

Hey Newbeee for less confusion when you want to reply someone just click the fish Icon "quote" on the persons post and viola just like this, They got fish, but only on Iron, fish wouldn't eat bait. Today some Donkeys got fish out there............ sooo must be WFO. I'm rolling out tomorrow, water is flat like a mill pond. Getting hot too.
    Catch yah later bro.
  20. rojodiablo

Hey Alan!! It's Paul here!! Hope you are doing good. I am coming down somewhere in June, maybe hit Tortuga. What do you think?? I will have 4 crazy Hawaiians with me. It will be a riot!! What about the pacific side?? Let me know. Oh yeah... sorry for the thread hijack.