Puertocitos Open: A little redemption!!

Discussion in 'Spear Fishing Reports and Info' started by rojodiablo, Jan 22, 2007.

Share This Page

1. rojodiablo

[​IMG]

We shot some fish Fri while scouting aroung Isla San Luis. Had multiple grouper sightings, shot one that was 70ish, he tooled me, and took my spear. It started to get nasty, so we split before we got stranded. Fri. night was my accident, and then Sat. was the tourney. I saw SO MANY FUCKING BIG FISH!!!! It was awesome. I saw 2 totuava, the big one was 80lb or so. I shot a WSB, a YT, yellow snapper, cabrilla, and.. this guy!!! Almost swept the meet, took 3 of the 4 trophies. It was a raging day of diving!!!!
    • Puertocitos Open: A little redemption!!-grouper on board1.JPG
    • Puertocitos Open: A little redemption!!-s yellow snappers..JPG
    • Puertocitos Open: A little redemption!!-Friday scouting expedition.JPG
    • Puertocitos Open: A little redemption!!-mad grouper on board!.JPG
    • Puertocitos Open: A little redemption!!-Saturdays catch.JPG
  2. Blackfish

nice fish, and nice head shot...did that stop it, or did it take a run? congrats on the three wins
  3. rojodiablo

That was a second shot on him. And he STILL went berzerk!! The first pic you can see where I shot it the first time, right behind the pectoral fin. It got pissed, and tore off. I scoured the reef for 1/2 hour until I found it, and finished it. One tough fish.
  4. Chris Reichert

Hey Stupid you only take youngsters as only the older ones are The only ones capable of breeding. A fish that size can potentially breed and the species is close to becoming on the endangered list. Get yourself educated and fish smart! It's amazing that they don't require people to have any knowledge to go sport fishing. Congrats on a great day but a fish that size probably swam right up to you and wasn't exactly a challenge. Mark my words they will become endangered soon and you have to leave the big guys to make it fun down the road for all of us. It's important to know what's really going on. On that note since you are, I'm sure a true sportsman and you just didn't know how serious this species is from being in trouble great job and enjoy your great day but now you know and take the smaller ones only for all of us! Don't mean to bash you but we have to fish smart in this day and age. Two years ago I'd have done the same thing and would be bouncing off the walls. Forgive me if I'm harsh but I think it's important to know where we are at today. FISH SMART!!!
  5. apneanaut

Wow great fish and congrats on the meet!

How do you tell wsb apart from totuava? I've never seen a totuava but I was under the impression that they look almost identical, besides the fact that totuava grow to be much larger.
  6. louie bb

Its in the tail,one is concave and one is convex wsb is concave.
  7. SALTYDAWG Advertiser

Great shooting and thanks for the report:appl:
  8. halfdayhank

nice fish! but what kind of accident did you have?
    shit your pant's?
  9. rojodiablo

Truck accident. I posted some pics of it, too.
  10. gordogringo

"Hey stupid" that's good!!! Kill joy. No one has ever accused you of tact, huh...
  11. rojodiablo

You mean like take all the baby tuna so they never get old enough to breed, so that in 20 years there will be a serious shortage of 20-50lb catchable fish??Right??? or maybe like we have size limits on lobster, WSB, and halibut?? So the small ones never get to breed at all, and all we will have are big ones???Right??? This is BLOODYDECKS. Not BLOODYPANTIES. Please go to the dedicated C&R trout section of the website, and stay there.:nutkick:
  12. gordogringo

Yea, that too!!!
  13. DIRTY BIRD

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gayz:
  14. doughnut

"Hey Stupid you only take youngsters as only the older ones are The only ones capable of breeding. A fish that size can potentially breed and the species is close to becoming on the endangered list. Get yourself educated and fish smart! It's amazing that they don't require people to have any knowledge to go sport fishing. Congrats on a great day but a fish that size probably swam right up to you and wasn't exactly a challenge. Mark my words they will become endangered soon and you have to leave the big guys to make it fun down the road for all of us. It's important to know what's really going on. On that note since you are, I'm sure a true sportsman and you just didn't know how serious this species is from being in trouble great job and enjoy your great day but now you know and take the smaller ones only for all of us! Don't mean to bash you but we have to fish smart in this day and age. Two years ago I'd have done the same thing and would be bouncing off the walls. Forgive me if I'm harsh but I think it's important to know where we are at today. FISH SMART!!!"

Chris, I am curious why you would address another BD member as "Stupid" and then in the same post, say that you dont want to "bash" them? Why? DO you think that tone is A. going to get your point across, or B. make you look a little foolish and immature? It would seem that if you believe you have a valid argument, you would be wise to approach it differently. While I know that the subject of BSB and other large groupers is sensitive, I also know that people have differing opinions on how to maintain the fishery. And I doubt you have a lock on the Biology of the whole thing. You should consider being nice, and engaging people, rather than alienating them with your first sentence, that way, the substance of what you are saying MIGHT stick.
  15. SS Tippy Canoe

fag
  16. Johnnyfish

Congrat Paul! Nice job buddy.
  17. sealskinner

Congrats Paul. Nice shooting.
  18. FISHY

NICE POST TWAT. WELCOME TO BD:stfu:
  19. los is 7

Chris Reichert = HOMO !
  20. paralabrax

Exactly, you may have a point but you come off like prick and nobody likes to listen to a prick:cwmdie: