PROBLEM IN BAJA

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by baja tailhunter, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baja tailhunter

WHEN WAS THE LAST THIM YOU HAD ANY PROBLEM IN BAJA?

I am not talking about some story you heard about, I am talking about your story. I have been going to Baja for over 30 years and have only 1 flashlight stolen from my truck at a military check point at knight. I drive to Ensenada 1 or 2 times a month fishing, plus I have riden dirtbikes all down the coast with never a problem. Yes I have some bad tacos in this time but I have had some here too. When I tell people about fishing in mexico the first thay ask is are you afraid and the answer is no. If you use the same rules there as here, do not drink and drive, drink on the streets,walk around drunk or look for a fight.I feel safer in La Paz than down town La at nignt.Monday morning i was watching the news and thay reported 4 murders the night before. Jonathen from Tailhunters told me his van has never been broken into in baja but gets broken into allmost every year in the states.
  2. ConSeaMate

Why start this shit?.............
  3. rex

who wants to go first me 30 years 2 problems only with the popo trying to rip me off my vote for mexico everyone should go
  4. baja tailhunter

I think baja is getting a bad rap from the US press and do not think there are any bad storys in the last 2 years. Just people having fun there. Feel free to post good story too.
  5. tapatio

look there is notin wrong with baja its the bomb and beats all the fishing in the usa well im not sure about florida but ive only seen fishing on tv for florida. but anywas i go down to esenada alot through out the years and have noting bad to say about it and i personally love it more than cali well the fishing part. lol
  6. ConSeaMate

It will just turn into a Baja vs US bash thread.......why kick a sleeping dog?....
  7. tpro890

Look I have been going to Mexico for over 40 plus years and I have a house below mexicali and a boat in Ensenada. I hunt and fish in Mexico and for the most part I have never had any real serious issues.

However, coming home from Ensenada on one of our fishing trips this past summer, I did have the lock on my rear door jacked with by a screw driver at a taco stand that we always frequent north of Ensenada. They took two back packs full of fishing gear. But you know that could have happened here in the states just as easy.

Mexico is safe and you just need to follow their rules and do not draw attention to yourself. I will continue to vacation in Mexico as I have many friends that live in Mexico and I truly enjoy their friendship.
  8. dorado50

:repost:Good on you for having a great 30 years in Baja. And thanks for caring for those that visit/live in Baja and those that choose not too. Hope this is the answer your looking for.
  9. Saluki

I'd go if I were Turner Brown.
  10. TonyC

i hear you, and your 30 years of baja traveling speaks for itself. i say fuckem....if they, the people who want to believe that fishing/vacationing to baja is dangerous, then don't go. i feel for our friends that have lost customers, but it it's a personnel choice to go, or not. more for us that choose to go. you said it all in your post, and the 2nd post....i agree with also...."why bring this up".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.