Pro Gear Pacifica 3000

Discussion in 'Fishing Reels' started by padsfan, Apr 23, 2009.

1. padsfan

I've been looking for some info on this reel for a while with few results. If anyone has any experience with the Pacifica line of Pro Gear reels, the 3000 in particular, I would appreciate it.

I'm trying to figure out what size line it can fish comfortably and if I should take the reel apart and put in new carbon fiber drags, or mod it any other way. Thanks for your time.
  2. TurdRoller

i have 2 2500's and a 3500. the 2000 and 3000 are too wide for my taste. they are built similar to penn's, but a little beefier. I had a 100+ bluefin to color 2 years back on the 2500 and 30lb ande, too bad the hook pulled. that reel went on to slay dozens of other tuna fishies (it lived on the boat i work on). They are not the best, high dollar reels you can buy, but for some reason I like them a lot. my 3500 fishes 40lb no problem. oh yeah, when Ken servicec them (or wes, who knows) the freespool is insane! one of my 2500's is my 30lb jig reel and it can keep up with the newells no problem
  3. hucklongfin

No problem with fishing 40# on a 3000. The 3000 is bascially an upgraded 4/0. Has 4:1 gears and 4/0 (113H) drags. You can certainly put in either Penn HT-100's or Smoothdrag Carbontex since I don't think they put carbon fiber drags in the Pacifica line.