PEMEX IN GUERRERO NEGRO ON MEX1

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by BAJA.DESERT.RAT, Feb 7, 2012.

1. BAJA.DESERT.RAT

Hola,

this item was just posted on the " bajaponyexpress3@gmail.com " website.

Courtesy of the BajaWesternOnion - Our neighbors to the west

Fuel Overcharge In Guerrero Negro - Everyone traveling north and south be aware of a situation at the PeMex nearest the flag in Guerrero Negro. It's the one located just north of the entrance to GN. They are, once again, shorting on the amount and overcharging by 10 pesos per litre. I questioned the man in charge and showed him all of my other facturas. He shrugged and said it was because of the higher cost of cargo. We wondered how come the one just north of that PeMex was totally full of vehicles getting fuel and yet when we drove into the one closest to town it was deserted. We thought perhaps he was out of fuel. He said no. We should have kept going right then.
    to avoid this situation, there is at least one other pemex in the town of guerrero negro. the other station mentioned is in jesus maria, approximately 36 miles north of guerrero negro on mex1.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
  2. DawnPatrol

I think we filled up at the cutoff to Asuncion (Vizcaino?), that is south of Guerroro, no problems there
  3. scoop

I have had fuel filter clogging problems from filling up at that Pemex station on my diesel f350 on more than one occassion last year. Also, a friend with a Toyota pickup complained of loss of power after filling up there on one of the trips that I had to change my fuel filters. I avoid that station at all costs!!!
  4. Surfdoc

We've known about the problems with thi station..

The suggestion is fill up at Jesus Maria about 25 miles before GN or Vizcaino... these are both outstanding stations.
  5. mattbush

x2 on Jesus Maria
  6. MateoFeo

F that place. And always bring your pesos to all stations south of SQ, the exchange will always set you back more than you'd think.
  7. dwaynesda

Same thing at my place in San Quintin. The only station that gives the correct amount is the one south of town down by Los Pinos tomatoe farms. I have 15 gallon barrels that have measuring marks in liters and they are always correct.
  8. MikeyLikesIt

thank you. where is that in relation to the turn off to don Eddys?
  9. bajabum

Haven't stopped there in years, got a lot of water in their diesel also. 10 pesos per liter is about $3 per gal. Quite an overcharge.
  10. DawnPatrol

Yea Dwayne, that Pemex right next to Los Pinos is a very fair one