PASSPORT HELP

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by B4GREYLIGHT, Aug 3, 2007.

Share This Page

1. B4GREYLIGHT

THINKING ABOUT HEADING DOWN TO HOTEL CORAL WITH A BUDDY OF MINE. HE HAS EVERYTHING 4 THE BOAT . I HAVE MY MEX PERMIT. DO I NEED A PASSPORT OR DOES A BIRTH CERT WORK??? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPECIATED . THANKS IN ADVANCE.
  2. FishStalker

Passports aren't required for reentry YET but if you have one bring it. Otherwise a birth cert or even a drivers license usually works. If you don't have a passport, I'd get the paperwork started. It took 2 months to get mine and I applied back in january.
  3. Sortasober

I "heard" that since the guys who issue passports are swamped with new passports, that u can get by with a birth certificate don't quote me
  4. captainpound

If you are driving all you need is a I.D.. California drivers licence works just fine.
  5. wahoodad

The slow passports is why I get to fish the BD Tuna tourney. They are so backed up that even if you pay for expidiated passport filing you might not get it in time. And we got in very early. My kids's won't be here in time, so they are staying with grandma and grandpa.
    Passports are taking way too long.
  6. B4GREYLIGHT

THANKS GUYS LOOKS LIKE IM GOING FISHING.
  7. Afry

Any goverment issued photo ID works when traveling by land or sea right now. It is supposed to change 1/1/08 but that may not happen due to the passport back log. It took 9 weeks for my kids passports.

When traveling by commerical air the 1/1/07 deadline was suspended, all you need is proof of application of passport and a birth certificate.
  8. hal

Goggle ambassedorpassports/visas. I got mine in 5 working days. They guarantee a 24 hr. turn around once they have your paper work. Also I was able to actually talk to a human on the phone to check the status. It costs more but for me it was worth it. Good luck-

i
  9. asabadin

Still not required for baja yet. For mainland Mexico you have to have proof that you have applied for a passport along with picture I.d. and birth certificate. I think until 2008, not sure I've also heard September 2007 is the final date. Our neighbors south of us will do all they can to delay this so they keep selling us gum when we cross the border. lol
  10. Afry

That was confusing...Just to be clear, proof that you have applied for a passport along with picture I.d. and birth certificate IS required for Baja if you fly a commercial airlines into Loreto, La Paz or San Jose Del Cabo as of right now.

Coral? ...any goverment ID such as a DL
  11. tinfish

Passport if you got one! Its the future.
  12. MIDNIGHTSUN

was just down there and as a passenger you dont need a passport but i would bring one
    one thing i found out the hard way is that if the boat is staying more than 3 days the owner needs a ten year permit as well as a tourist card
    the folks at the coral will help you with it but it is a pain in the ass cause you have to go into town and deal with it there, only took me about an hour first thing sat morning, which blew fishing for the day
    the guy next to us went earlier in the week and said it took him 3 hours
  13. zigzag

Wrong there is a cut off date an you must have applied prior to the ??? cut off date.what date dont know??????
  14. fishshirts

Is that a temporary (10 yr)importation they made you get? Can it be done at the border on the way down? Who is checking? Thanks
  15. MIDNIGHTSUN

yes that is the 10 year importation form
    dont know if you can do it at the border
    the harbor master at the coral was checking
  16. ALUMINATOR

17. Pounder

The cutoff for the suspension of passport requirements by air is 9/1/07. As of that date passports will again be required and reentry with application receipt accompanied by birth cert will no longer be allowed.