Panama: BE CAREFUL!

Discussion in 'Panama & Central America Fishing Reports' started by paradiselodge, May 2, 2011.

1. paradiselodge

i wanted to let anyone traveling to panama to be careful who you book your trip with.
    John Shyne, with Panama Yacht Tours. (not in business at the moment) is taking deposits and booking trips and just stealing the money. He got my money, and just about got a good friend of mine last week.
    do not send this guy money..you not going to get what you pay for. i would hate to see someone else have the same problem.
  2. TropicStarLodge Advertiser

3. tap

Chad,

I agree 100% regarding John Shyne. I do not deal with him at all now as he has stood me up too many times and is very unreliable. I hope the word gets around and saves traveling anglers time, money and aggrevation. Thanks for the post!

Tony Peña
    "The Roving Angler"
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  4. tap

Shane, I need to clarify that Cebaco Bay Sportfishing Lodge has nothing to do with John Shyne. Shyne contacted Cebaco 3 or 4 years ago but nothing came of that and they haven't seen him since. Cebaco is a very professionally run operation where character, reliability and honesty counts!

I haven't seen Shyne either but sources in Panama City tell me that he's getting divorced, lost his chartering business and is staying with a friend on a boat in one of the PTY marinas.

Anyways, it's good that we have ways to communicate such as with BD to keep the information going to help our fellow fishermen.

Tony Peña
    "The Roving Angler"
  5. miguelitro

6. Lou Kohn

Do the Intrepid panama Trip instead and keep the money at home!
  7. tap

I know Shyne wanted to book for Cebaco but he doesn't. I agree that PYT needs to remove that reference even if PYT and Shyne are out of business. I don't know what happened to your post. This should be a dead topic by now (unless Shyne rears his head again!). Thanks,

Tony Peña
    "The Roving Angler"