Panama: BE CAREFUL!

Discussion in 'Panama & Central America Fishing Reports' started by paradiselodge, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

1. paradiselodge

i wanted to let anyone traveling to panama to be careful who you book your trip with.
    John Shyne, with Panama Yacht Tours. (not in business at the moment) is taking deposits and booking trips and just stealing the money. He got my money, and just about got a good friend of mine last week.
    do not send this guy money..you not going to get what you pay for. i would hate to see someone else have the same problem.

2. TropicStarLodge Advertiser

3. tap BD Writer

Chad,

I agree 100% regarding John Shyne. I do not deal with him at all now as he has stood me up too many times and is very unreliable. I hope the word gets around and saves traveling anglers time, money and aggrevation. Thanks for the post!

Tony Peña
    "The Roving Angler"

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  4. tap BD Writer

Shane, I need to clarify that Cebaco Bay Sportfishing Lodge has nothing to do with John Shyne. Shyne contacted Cebaco 3 or 4 years ago but nothing came of that and they haven't seen him since. Cebaco is a very professionally run operation where character, reliability and honesty counts!

I haven't seen Shyne either but sources in Panama City tell me that he's getting divorced, lost his chartering business and is staying with a friend on a boat in one of the PTY marinas.

Anyways, it's good that we have ways to communicate such as with BD to keep the information going to help our fellow fishermen.

Tony Peña
    "The Roving Angler"

5. miguelitro

6. Lou Kohn

Do the Intrepid panama Trip instead and keep the money at home!

7. tap BD Writer

I know Shyne wanted to book for Cebaco but he doesn't. I agree that PYT needs to remove that reference even if PYT and Shyne are out of business. I don't know what happened to your post. This should be a dead topic by now (unless Shyne rears his head again!). Thanks,

Tony Peña
    "The Roving Angler"

8. AGUJA

All..

Hello this is Jim Wiese of Cebaco Bay Sportfishing,,,JOHN SHYNE HAS NOTHING WITH US!...Wow, the guy is a flash from the past!..I did not even know that he is still around or even alive for that matter...Have not seen or heard form him in years..HE IS SOMEONE TO STAY AWAY FROM!!!!....

Tony thanks for defending us..Tight lines!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  9. AGUJA

By the way...How is Cebaco Bay coming up in this conversation?...Tony, has Shyne shown some affiliation with us some how???? ..Need to clear that up fast!

10. AGUJA

Tony, thanks again for your support,,JW

11. PCH

Hey Jim. At one point Shane had mentioned he was booking for some operations that included cebaco. Tony then chimed in to adress that shyne WAS NOT booking for cebaco. Since then Shane or BD deleted that post. Shyne has not beem affiliated with cebaco on this site since then. I would send a message to managment, and they could probably take it all down. Hope that helps, Paul

12. AGUJA

Wow!,,thanks Paul, I will call Tony about it today and clear things up...I can not remember Shyne ever booking for us....He wanted too years ago, but we declined to work with him,...

13. tap BD Writer

Jim,
    That's an old thread topic and should probably be deleted by now. When I read Chad Marques' message in 2011 I responded agreeing with him. Apparently the Panama Yacht Tours web stated that they do bookings for a number of Panama lodges including Cebaco Bay. That was not true and were told to remove the reference years ago. That PYT business no longer exists. I understand Shyne lives in the U.S. now away from his Panama family. Case closed.

14. AGUJA

Thanks Tony..I guess that clears things up..