Oside Report 2/12 with Simon Bon Bowery

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by DaGoose, Feb 12, 2011.

1. DaGoose

Fished today with Simon (Bon Bowery). We dropped the old glasspar in at 8:00 and headed south to see if we could scratch up a flattie bounceballing.

Simon, Otto and I have spent a few hours together with the MLPA stuff, but never had the pleasure to share a day on the water together.

So I briefly showed Simon the ropes for bounceballing and he picked it up quickly. We pounded sand and got a decent biter around 10:30 on the blue UV dredge. Simon did a fine job bringing her up, but after a brief glimpse of color, the hook pulled. Nothing huge, but probably 24 inches or so.

We kept pounding sand. It was a perfect February day on the water; warm, sunny and flat. Made a move around 2:00 to try a few more areas since the tide swing was over. Simon's rod went off on the dodger rig and she was peeling drag........and kept going. Not a flattie but maybe a yellow or white sea bass we hoped.

Chased her down for a bit and finally saw color. It was a juvey T-shark maybe 60lbs or so, that managed to get hornswaggled in the spectra really good. After a bit of de-tangling and reviving, she swam off like a champ. Simon's first Tshark.

Saw a whale and plenty of porpoise too.

Otto.........dude........it would have been way too sweet to watch you catch that fish my man......... we'll get out together someday soon with you and your Pops so no worries mate!!!

Hit a few more spots for no joy. But it was a most excellent February day on the water. It's all good.

Tight Lines,

Rick
    • Oside Report 2/12 with Simon Bon Bowery-Simon Tshark Feb 2011.jpg
    • Oside Report 2/12 with Simon Bon Bowery-Simon Tshark1 Feb 2011.jpg
  2. ConSeaMate

Otto for President!........WTG Simon!.......
  3. bottomdweller

That water looks great for Feb, bring on a better year!
  4. Carl

Wish I was out with you guys! I was stuck with Frank today:rolleyes:
    Beautiful day to be on the water.
  5. Bank Robber

Sounds like a fun day to me!

Is it me or does it look like Simon wants to eat that T Shark LOL
  6. Maniniboy

Water looks super blue! Looks like a fun day
  7. Simon Bon Bowery

Rick

I think your sunscreen is broke, I'm burnt to a crisp....LOL
    Thanks for the fun day on the water.

Dean,

I was thinking about eating it, then posting on BD "I killed a baby T thread."
    [​IMG]
  8. I'M OFF

Killer out there today, Saw a few guys at the ramp today. Good for you guys
  9. tsurikichi

Hi DaGoose,

Looks like DaGoose had the juice to get the ball rolling ....er ..... bouncing !!
    Nice report and pics !!

tsurikichi
  10. Fishbones

I'll bet lunch was disapointing with Simon on board.[​IMG]