OAC Two Day Offshore Tournament -Seabass?

Discussion in 'Fishing Club Forums' started by Rickdiculous, Aug 23, 2010.

Share This Page

1. Rickdiculous

It seems strange to fish for White Sea Bass in August for a two day offshore tournament. But that's what we did this Sat and Sunday at San Clemente Island.

[​IMG]

According to the website Pyramid was going to be closed from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm on Saturday.
    We got kicked out by the military at 7:30am Saturday morn and ran over to the lee side for two small yellows. The sport boats started moving back to the pyramid area early around 4pm so we moved in and anchored on our spot in about 100' of water. We fished with the fleet for 9 WSB and a Yellow. Biggest WSB went 28lbs, they were all caught early Sunday morning from 1:30 am to 6 am.

Looks like the winner for the tournament was caught off La Jolla with a 35lb WSB on the Reel Nice N Easy.

Once I get all the results I will post them on this thread.

Steve with his 28lber
    [​IMG]
    Robin with her 19lber
    [​IMG]
    Ritchie was the hot stick for the day
    [​IMG]
  2. Sherm

Nice........the seabass for an offshore tournament may be the ticket for the upcomiong Make-A-Wish tournament as well.
  3. fishnfool

No points for WSB in the Tuna Challenge Sherm. Tuna, yt, dodos, and marlin score points but not wsb.
  4. nunyabizness1

Nice job Rick and team!!!
  5. I'M OFF

Nice job Rick and crew!!
    I told you I would have traded you for some beer for those tiny bass:rofl::rofl:
  6. Tues

Nice job!
  7. olsonbran

Nice job Rick. Hope all is good.
  8. J Graham

RDWOT

NICE!