Now Accepting New Members

Discussion in 'Fishing Club Forums' started by Bigdog, May 23, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Bigdog

WHY JOIN DANA ANGLING CLUB?

• WANT TO CATCH MORE FISH?

• WANT TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE BEST CURRENT FISHING INFORMATION?

• WANT TO SAVE ON YOUR FUEL BILL?????
    (Discount at Dana Fuel Dock!!!!!!)

JOIN- THE DANA ANGLING CLUB!!!.

We have several Marlin tournaments and the club boasts some of the best Marlin fishermen on the West Coast.

We have a hard-core group of boats who chase Albacore, Tuna and Yellowtail wherever they are

We also have many members who fish the local banks, reefs and kelp beds for Halibut, Bass, Rockfish etc.

12 annual tournaments, button awards and club records. Club members currently hold 6 IGFA World Records

We encourage family participation, have a junior division in all tournaments and have a family day at Laguna Lake in the fall

TO JOIN-Visit Home and join on-line.
  2. Rubberhook2

Was a member many, many years ago and although I did not have a boat got more opportunities to fish on custom rigs with some of the best. Was always getting invites to fish for primarily marlin. Guys like Joe Houck on the El Borracho, Dennis Sellers on the Gotcha At Last, Jim and Bill Kingsmill on the Wild Bill, Gary Tredeau on the Touche, Bernie Naftel of the Mikki, Gary and Lyn Jasper on the Wait And Sea, Pete Wishney on the Foxy Lady and the Jidona (forgot that owners name)...

Those were some of the best times I had fishing as a young man and I owe it all to being a member of the Dana Angling Club.
  3. Bigdog

Tim thanks for that!! you are right you have fished with some of the very best!! and most of them are still members. Come and give us another look same great group with some more inshore fishing these days.
  4. Dirty Deeds

Now is the perfect time to join for the 2009 season!
  5. ?? fisherman

Id be all over this in a heartbeat if that was in my area.

Those are some big names Rubberhook2 threw out there, and a huge amount of local knowledge.

The unknown fisherman:p:
  6. South Bend

I've been wanting to join for awhile, as I fish out of DP most of the time. Looks like it's a good time to do it.
  7. Blackfish

When is your next open meeting?
  8. el capo

I will be joining at the awards banquet.I'm really looking forward to it.
  9. Dirty Deeds

We have one general meeting per year typicaly in March I will post the club Calendar for next year as soon as we have it set would love to see you join the club Mike we have allot of fun!

El Capo glad to hear you are still planning on joining this year see you at the banquet!
  10. SeaBasstard

Can, I join your club if I don't own my own boat?
  11. Dirty Deeds

YES we are accepting non boaters as members.
  12. el capo

See you Saturday Dan.
  13. pescadormejor

Checked out the web site for the Club...

Looks like fun!

I am interested, but I fish mostly inshore for Bass with plastics on my 14' Valco Aluminum Boat. (average 3 times a month)

How many of the "Plastics Only" tournaments do you put on a year?

Just curious. I post my reports on bloodydecks, and wouldn't mind joining a club to learn more about fishing... always looking to learn!

It appears that I have played softball with one of the members...
  14. Capt. G

Do you have to reside in the United States of America to be a member?
  15. FREE LOADER

Hi Dan, Me and a couple of my friends and avid fisherman are interested in joining the club. We are currently in the process, subject to surveys this week of buying Gary's Boat the Aloha Lady, what a great boat and a really really nice Guy!

He suggested we look into membership... I assume you are still taking applications? Anyway, we look forward to participating in the activities. Let me know what the process is and when we could attend the next meeting and meet your fellow fisherman!

Regards,

Clay
  16. Blackfish

See you in March.