NEWBIE NEEDS HELP! SURF DEEP SEA CABO OCTOBER

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by joelreiser, Jun 27, 2010.

1. joelreiser

So we are staying at Zoeltry on October 14th-21st.

What can I expect surf fishing and what gear/baits should I bring.

Also, is the Bill Collector a top notch boat?

THIS SITE ROCKS!!!
  2. Pinoyfisher

Use the search function for this forum and find posts by my (Pinoyfisher), I have a few posts related strictly to surf fishing Cabo San Lucas. The posts contain a bunch of useful tips from other posters on here, it should answer most of your questions.
  3. Fish4Brains

The Bill Collector took third in the Black & Green last year October! Clean, fast and a great crew plus it's a 32 Cabo Express, nice boat. It stables with Pisces so it can't be bad!

F4B
  4. renegademike

Surf fishing can be really good here in the cabo area. I used to surf fish allot years ago when I first moved down here but I have not been doing all that much the last couple of years. I fish off my boat know when fishing inshore using the same lures with different rods while I move the boat slowly up and down the beach. I cast into the surf and its easier for me and I could cover more ground. There is nothing like catching a nice trophy fish off the beach though, its great fun
    Oct can be a very good time to fish the beach. You can probably get into some roosterfish and Jack Crevalle around that time. It might be a little early for the sierra mackerel which can be great fun off the beach.
    It helps to have a guide the first time or two. It will really shorten your learning curve and eliminate allot of frustrations early on. The is a great surf fishing tackle shop run by a guy named Stephen Jansen here in cabo that is a must visit if your into surf fishing. I was going to send you his link to his website but it seems to be down at the moment. Try to Google Jansen Lures Cabo and some stuff on him should come up. There was a really great American guide that I was turning people on to but he left for Hawaii awhile back chasing his girlfriend and he has not been back so who knows if he will ever come back. Somebody at Jansen Lures could help you out or I could try and find you a local to get you up and running.
    ffice:office" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This was taken with my phone I grabed this toursit that was walking by and got him to take the pic. right in front of the Pedregal

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is some of the bigger roosters we got off my boat back in mid june. Our best day was 14 roosters and 10 of them were over 45lbs with the biggest around 55lbs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. Spannman

I usually fish with Red Rum in Cabo,Their rates are good and I like their boats and crews.I haven't done any surf fishing there.Mainly because when my feet are on the ground in Cabo,there are to many other things to do,enjoy!