New Customs policy - You're going to like it!

Discussion in 'California Fishing Reports Forums' started by Afry, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Afry

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t202 path="m0,0l0,21600,21600,21600,21600,0xe" o:spt="202" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t"></v:path></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_s1026 style="MARGIN-TOP: 135pt; Z-INDEX: -1; MARGIN-LEFT: 333pt; WIDTH: 162pt; POSITION: absolute; HEIGHT: 99pt; mso-position-vertical-relative: page" stroked="f" filled="f" type="#_x0000_t202"><v:textbox style="mso-next-textbox: #_x0000_s1026"></v:textbox><?xml:namespace prefix = w ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" /><w:wrap anchory="page"></w:wrap></v:shape>
    Check this out! - it was sent to me by my Marina......
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">August 29, 2008
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    CBP Public Affairs Office
    San Diego Field Office
    (619) 652-9966 ext 192
    www.cbp.gov<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>News Release<o:p></o:p>

U.S. Customs and Border Protection Clarifies Pleasure Boat Reporting Requirements <o:p></o:p>
    SAN DIEGO – San Diego coastal waters rank as one of the most active areas in the nation for small vessel traffic. In an effort to better serve the boating community, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials would like to clarify reporting requirements.<o:p></o:p>

Master of the vessel must report their arrival to CBP immediately after arriving into the United States after having touched foreign soil or after having had contact with any hovering vessel. Federal law requires that all U.S. Citizens and aliens seeking entry to the United States must report their arrival. <o:p></o:p>
    Small pleasure vessels leaving a United States port into international or foreign waters, without a call at a foreign port, are not considered to have made a departure for the purposes of CBP reporting requirements. <o:p></o:p>
    Therefore, vessels that leave from a United States port and return without having touched foreign soil, have not departed the United States, and are not required to report their arrival to CBP.<o:p></o:p>

Currently, CBP has two reporting locations to serve the boating community. The Harbor Police Dock at 401 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92106 and the Dana Launch Ramp Public Dock at 1800 Dana Landing Road, San Diego, CA 92109. <o:p></o:p>

Boaters who have any questions about this information may contact Jay Duenas at (619) 685-4300 ext.312, during business hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. <o:p></o:p>
    U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control and protection of our nation's borders at and between official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws. <o:p></o:p>
  2. talltale

Gawd that's a beautiful thing!
  3. Deno

Thank you, much better then that other, procedure.
  4. BluefinCurly

A representative from US Homeland Security made the announcement Saturday on
    "Let's Talk Hook-up".

He did state that they still could randomly ask boaters to check in upon returning, but it relieves boaters of the "requirement" to report.

Now at least we are legal.....
  5. Mo Betta

We were suppose to check in? LOL

Thanks Arnie.
  6. Sofia Rose

That's great news!

Are we still required to fill out the declaration forms?
  7. mooningu

Was thinking the same thing. :D
  8. Fish Taco

Excellent......about time.....:)
  9. Afry

Isn't that a DFG deal? - I'm betting we do
  10. watch-n-learn

we were told to "check in" a while back and had no idea wtf they were talking about. I told my friends dad about it because he works in customs and he said he will show me how to "check in". so upon our return from fishing the islands we went to the customs place, waited about an hour, and "checked in". we were the only people that whole day that "checked in". they asked our names, birthdates, and said bye.
  11. BabyGiant

Thanks for the heads up.
  12. SdStriperFish

13. ConSeaMate

Nobody else fished in Mexican waters that day!....[​IMG]....
  14. Carl

Good one Frank!
  15. Darylfw

Those guys had better thing to do anyway. Really good news.
  16. Ali

Now I don't have to clear the chartplotter on the way in...

:D
  17. ConSeaMate

I'll be taking my first trip into Mexican waters tomarrow....:picknose:.....
  18. Bottom Line

That is the way it's always been prior to 9-11.
  19. Afry

No shit and now I don't have to tell everyone else in the boat that we always fish the 181 - and - Damn it's clear today, the islands look awful close when it this nice out!
  20. cmlandscaping