more fish!

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by surfsk869, Apr 13, 2012.

1. surfsk869

well ive been living in pedregal in csl for the past couple of months and have been spending quite a bit of time surf casting pedregal beach. majority of catches consist of sierra, lady fish, and recently a 30 lb jack (unreal fight on light tackle). as the water warms im hoping to add some roosters/dorados to the list! spending so much time surf casting on the beach i am looking for a way to get another line wet simultaneously. ie tossing live bait or chunks. does anyone know of any way to catch baitfish from shore in this area? if not, will tossing squid produce much more than tiny bottom feeders? i really want to get some live bait out there i jsut cant figure out the best way to get my hands on some ( fwiw i dont have a car so the fish wouldnt survive the trip from the marina if i were to buy them down there) any tips/ links on good rigs for such endeavors would be appreciated as well! anyway, thanks in advance and good luck to all.
  2. yellowklr

I would try some very small hooks with tiny pieces of bait and or sabiki rigs.....maybe cast then out with a heavy weight and work in through the bait schools????
    Good luck
    I'll be in your area in June maybe see ya on the beach!
  3. rex

get a cast net or a sien net and a bucket of water
  4. surfsk869

just casting into the surf will produce bait fish?