Mexican Authorities Respond

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by Lorenzo, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorenzo

For what it is worth, Segio Aponte Polito who is the General of the Mexican Army in charge of National security released an eight page letter to all their national newspapers publicly ripping the ass :idiot:of General District Attorney ( Rommel Moreno Manjarrez) for the States of Senora, Sinaloa and Baja. In the General's letter he called Mr. Manjarrez a disgrace to his position of authority and accused him of being friendly to the drug cartel, etc. Anyway, yesterday there were 35 city cops and 40 State police fired in Tijuana alone. Also, the State District Attorney (14 years of service) in Ensenada Sonia Patricia Navarro Navarro was canned.:Beat_Them Furthermore, Baja Governor Jose Guadalupe Osuna pledged to keep tract of all those who were canned too see where they go, what they do and with whom! Honestly, this action is one big frickin deal down here and I think/hope some good shit is starting to happen!:appl:
  2. Adrian

I don't think... but I do hope.
  3. saravonshep

The lack of the American tourist dollar is starting to make the ball roll a little faster, sounds like great news....
  4. aguachico

Fuck, it's going to take a lot of mordida to offset those lost salaries.

Viva Mordida!!!
  5. pascuale

Thats goddamn funny shit!
  6. Null&Void

....I really hope it mellows out down there. I miss my baja trips.
  7. Tunaslam

The corruption is beyond words! Hopefully every baby step means something?

Thanks for heads up.

Cory
  8. T BICKLE

seriously.... i miss salsipuedes and want to go back so bad. things gotta get worse before they get better. i'll wait it out a bit longer. hopefully this is good news
  9. Lorenzo

All is cool hear in San Quintin. Just travel during the day.
  10. ReelNymph

I hope some changes happen soon. We have never been worried about coming down there and were planning to this week until we heard some more rumors. It just seems like pulling a boat is even more of a target. WE MISS SAN QUINTIN!!!!! And all our friends there. I wish we had a place in your compound and our own plane and a boat there.
    :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.