Memorial Weekend 3 day $429

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Trip Planning' started by Danny, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Danny

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  2. J.AkuHed

Yeah baby, I'm on it!
  3. J.AkuHed

4. rkl303

Sounds like that boat will be packed.
  5. Danny

This boat is huge! 30 people on it isn't crowded at all. Right now there are just 9 spots filled
  6. J.AkuHed

Let's go, boys and girls, that's a good price for a 3day!
  7. REELKING

thats a great price!!
  8. Followyourbait

Insane! I spent damned near double that for the Excel a few years ago!
  9. J.AkuHed

Just heard from a lil' birdy, the Yellowtail are bustin' loose South of the border!
    Get on it!
  10. J.AkuHed

Just heard from a lil' birdy, the Yellowtail are bustin' loose South of the border!
    Get on it!
  11. magnus927

I will be going on this, this is my first 3 day trip any recommendations on what to bring with me. I have 15-30 outfits do I need at least a 40 lb outfit. What recommendations would you give for hooks, sinkerss and lure and do i need to bring a trolling outfit. Thanks any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  12. J.AkuHed

Follow this link, it is more active and you can a quicker response"
    http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/in...-memorial-weekend-special-3-day-429-00-a.html
  13. Danny

You can get by with 2 outfits BUT it is often better to have 3 to 5.
    A 40lb stick is very good to have if the Yellowtail want to chew the Yoyo.
    If you have a troll rod your free to bring it along, I always bring mine. However Trolling rods are provided by the boat if they are needed.

Your going to receive a hook pack from owner hooks. but it is advisable to bring extras. get some 1's for possible anchovy baits. 2/0's, 3/0's for Sardines and 3/0's, and 4/0's for really big sardines and or Mackerel.

bring some 1/2 oz, 1oz, 2-3oz sliders and a few 4,6,8,12 oz torpedo sinkers

Your going to get some HT Iron jigs but in addition maybe a salas 6xjr in Blue/white or scrambled egg, or all white, for yoyo fishing.

As for surface Iron, I wouldn't worry about those. Unless you have a big long jig stick your not going to be able to throw far enough to make it worth while. Stick with fly lining sardines
  14. magnus927

Danny,

Thanks for the reply, Yeah I will be bringing:
    15lb outfit for plasitc
    20 and 30 lb for live bait
    30 lb for jigs
    40 for the yoyo's i hope that covers everything.
  15. -Driftwood-

16. J.AkuHed

I'm ready to go BOOM!:Exploding_Smiley:
    1 1/2 Pac Voyager came back with 50+ coastal yellowtail! The Coronados are exploding with100+ yellowtail today! Last week's SA 80, 1 1/2day came back with mongo bones to 15#! Can not wait to see what the fishing will be like all the way to San Martin!:jig::gaygroup:
  17. -Driftwood-

This will be my longest trip yet. :git: I did a 2.5 last year on the SA80 and we had a ball, and caught fish to boot! I met Danny on that trip. Great boat, capitan and crew. The skipper is a ball to fish with. I hope we get into some good fishin. One more day of work and its on!
  18. Calico Killer

Gonna stop at Phil's BBQ on the way down.

I CAN'T WAIT!
    I can't do it...
  19. Danny

HEY ERIC!!! So glad you can make it out on this one. Your not going to believe how much stuff we have to raffle off. INSANE!! We might even catch a boatload of fish too.
  20. -Driftwood-

Hello Danny
    Im not sure if you remember but we had a great conversation in the wheel house during our trip last year. This is also my first 'sponsored' trip. Looking forward to the experience. Can you make sure we have a few sweatshirts/hoodies on board? Im coming from Los Angeles. The plan is to leave in the early AM to beat the holiday traffic. I wonder if anyone else plans on an early arrival?