maiden voyage

Discussion in 'Check Out My Boat' started by merlin, Mar 25, 2007.

1. merlin

Well, I got her home safely. It was a long, slow, haul. Luckily, only a couple of close calls. I have gotten some work done and we have been blessed with good weather so we decided to take her out for her maiden voyage (for us). Everything went well, motor ran fine, and bilge was as dry as when we left. Wind came up a bit while we were out and we got to put her through her paces. Needless to say, I'm pleased.

I've got some thank you's to get done and I can't let any more time go by without spreading the love so here goes:

The T-top seemed top heavy and had a lot of flex. As a matter of fact, it was ripping the aluminum console apart. First thing I did was get the two back legs added. Many thanks to Tom and crew at Pacific Yacht Towers for squeezing me in. These guys really know their shit. Not only did they mangage to get it looking like it belonged but it is strong as all get out. No more flex, I mean none. Fast, clean, strong, and a fair price - I can't thank them enough and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Next was to add the new bimini and strataglass enclosure. Went to Murphy's in Pt Loma. Another top notch operation. They sewed these things up in a couple of days. I hate to spend too much time in socal so the quick turn around was much appreciated. Not to mention the warm, dry, ride for the haul out to the 11 and 13 this fall!

Once I got home I went to work. Cleaned things up a bit and changed out the bilge and bait pumps. Checked all the electrical connections to make sure all looked clean. Then I added my electronics, Raymarine C80, DS600 fishfinder, Icom VHF, Alpine stereo, etc.

I have a few more things to do. I am going to put in a new floor, add a second bait tank in front of the console, and I scored some sweet pompanette outriggers from my buddy Mike. Then I'll be ready for when the real fish start to run. For now, I'm just gonna use her.

Lastly, I want to thank my buddy Rich Austin at Ellsworth Marine for all his help and advice. If any of you know Rich you know what a stand up guy he is. He knows boats inside and out so if you are looking to buy a Riviera he is the guy to talk to and Ellsworth is the place to go. I'm lucky to call him my friend.

That's all for now. Let's go fish'n!
    • maiden voyage-3:4.jpg
    • maiden voyage-console.jpg
    • maiden voyage-front1:4.jpg
  2. Silver Bullet I

Sweet bayrunner!
  3. MacAttack

Sweet ride! But you might have some problems with that Honda in the future! :rofl:

Say in 2025 when it needs some new plugs! LOL
  4. ?? fisherman

Jack,

NICE setup bro!!! That thing is really kickass, totally stoked for ya.

Did you have that canvas isenglass done, and if so can you PM me and tell me who and about how much$$

Sweet sweet rig brother, just perfect for what you need it for!!!

EDIT- Ok skip the canvas question as I somehow missed a whole paragraph when my wife was talking to me. PM me with the how much if you could.

The unknown fisherman:p:
  5. merlin

Mike,

Thanks. It is perfect for my application. I would love to have a heavier fiberglass boat but it's not in the cards right now. For a tinny I'm surprised at how solid it feels in the water. I've got a good kicker and good safety gear so we are taking her offshore this year. She is a solid ride - quick, economical, and easy to launch - what more could you ask for.

It's good to see that you are paying attention to the wife, even while reading BD! I'll pm you with details on the strataglass. By the way, from what everyone tells me, go strataglass not eisenglass. It stays clear without yellowing over time.
  6. tunaclone2

If you want to seal the top of the flooring and make it skid proof, Home Depot has a rubberized paint that is used in swimming pools. This stuff works great, I used it on my Bayrunner and it extends the life of your flooring.

Mel Patten aka Dreamboat
  7. merlin

Thanks for the tip. I have some marine ply that I am going to seal with epoxy. Once it is in I am going to use durabak truck bed liner over the whole floor. I think between the epoxy and bedliner the wood should last a long time. It seems like it is going to be a pretty big job but I'll get all the wood cut and prepped first and then peel out the old floor. As you can see in the photos, the boat lives under a palapa. I can use the beams to hoist the T-top and console up and slide the two floor panels underneath them in and out. The other floor panels are all easy to access.

Sounds simple, anyway.