Share This Page

1. shitbird

Yes I'am the dumbass that lost his boat off the trailer at the oceanside launch ramp :idiot: I feel like :Bawling_e when I saw her rolling off the trailer. I felt sick to my stomach. I just got done fixing the boat a month ago. Thank you Rick ,Motts Sr,Rich and all the other boaters for getting the boat back on the trailer. You guys save my day. thank you,thank you thank you very much. Now it's time to get:drunk
  2. Father Ken

this is a joke right. darwin award winner or something.
  3. daniel-neill

I am sure we have all done weird things at the ramp. So what happened?
    Glad to hear your up and running.

A few years ago I didn't set the parking brake on my truck, just left it in gear. The chop started the truck rolling into the water. Me thinking I was wenching the boat up the trailer, was actually pulling the truck in the water. Before I knew it, I was up to the front seats in water. It was on a Sunday in Dana Point, lots of people had a good laugh...
  4. Surfdoc

I don't know Ken... what have ya done to win that award ??

Man sorry to hear about a mistake like that... hopefully it a easy fix and not to $$!

Glad there were some cool BD'rs to help ya out!
  5. Father Ken

:( I backed down my driveway with my outboard trimmed all the way down. By the time I stopped it was way too late. My boat was 1 week old.:rofl: laughing now. crying then. Tight lines!
  6. bigwaverider

Sorry to hear about something like that happening. Very cool for some BD brothers to help out.

Props
  7. Mots

Dude, dad told me this morning. Was so bummed for you.
  8. shitbird

It sucks so bad I think I'am in a dream.
  9. Saluki

Damn Jeff :(

We are just about done working on Hanna, let me know if & when your gonna have a BD work party at your house.

How much damage did sho take?

My condolences,,,,,, I could only imagine how bummed my must feel :(
  10. Scarleg

fuckin shitbirdslap:
    I can see it all right now like a dream:eyepoppin
    Hit the brakes backin down..... feel the boat moving when the truck is stopped and WHAMMO!!!Major fuckin damper in the day....sorry bro
    That's all:finger:
  11. Steve9256

Sorry about That!!! I was Talking to Scarleg this AM and he told me the story we were hoping for your sake no one took or posted pics. Tis a good thing you have a lot of friends w/ boats. Also is pretty kool to post Your Most FUCKED up Launch. As it might save others.
  12. progress_1

Last year after i launched my boat in oceanside my wife was parking the truck and i tied to the dock. the wife came down the gangway and we both heard a LOUD Crash. we ran to the top of the gangway to look down at a boat missing the water by 15 feet. needless to say the guy was very upset. after seeing that i NEVER unhook the ring till the motors are in the water. Sorry about your Boat.
  13. Stanley

That sucks!
  14. gecsr1

Shit Happens......... we all get a turn sooner or later......
  15. aguachico

Ditto
  16. marinedude

I forgot the plug about a month ago at Guess where...Oceanside launch. That place is cursed. When i parked the truck and was walking to the boat, i looked at it and thought...man that dont look right, just then it dawned on me the severe sag was because my boat was filling up with water. I ran my ass off to get to the truck and get the boat on the trailer. When i pulled it out i sat there for 10 minutes draining water out. The guys next to me just laughed...said he did that last week. Which proves the point.....WE ALL GET OUR TURN!!!
  17. topdog

by any chance does your trailer have rollers or was it low tide or real steep ramp? thats the only time i worrry about taking the saftey chain off before the boat is in the water..... sorry about your day!
  18. noworries

Shit--really sorry to hear that--we all do things like that sometime.

I've been thru a lot of severe things with my boats over the years--we all have--it looks huge now--but you'll get it fixed and back on the water sooner then you think.

I'd be curious to hear how you got it back on the trailer--did you wait for the tide, or push it into the water, or jack or winch it up somehow?
  19. Histemi

i sure hope that is one lesson i learn by example, instead of by experience. i know now i will NEVER back in AGAIN with the safety removed. sorry for your misfortune
  20. Mstonefish

I hope the repairs are minor Jeff.

I am amazed at how many people unhook their boats before they back down in the ramp to the water..................................what is the possible benefit???

The only thing that can happen is bad, boats and concrete don't mix. I have seen it before in O'side, 4:30 am and an 18' trihull 25' from the water..........blocking a busy ramp:104167739 No bueno