Los Barriles first week in Apr. Anybody interested in sharing great panga?

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by dcsam, Feb 13, 2012.

Share This Page

1. dcsam

Hubby and I are booked to fish with a fella you all seemed to recommend highly. He's an 'independent'. I have him booked for 2 days during that first week in April. We'd like to share the boat with another 2 people if possible. How's fishing from shore that time of year? What species are we likely to catch and what gear/tackle would you recommend?
    Thanks much!
    Caroline
    WA state
  2. FAT CAT

Caroline, If you're fishing a panga, you'll be happier with just the 2 of you. Who are you booked with?
  3. loveocean

4. 2dogs

x3 With 4 people you'll be looking to throw sombody overboard
    by 9 am.
  5. dcsam

Really??? Geez, we fish out of Barra de Navidad every Christmas, and always have sooo much room on the panga. We even had 6 aboard this year, and there was still room to spare. Size does make a difference ;-) I'm sure. I don't know what the length is of the boat we'll be on, so I guess it's probably safe just to keep it to ourselves. We could do a half day for $200, or just 'bite it' and do the whole day for $300. What additional charges should we plan on?
    Thanks for the info.
    Caroline
  6. JFK

Live sardina, if they're available in April, are typically around $10-$15, plus you might get a handful of dead ballyhoo for around $10. A tip is also customary.
  7. dcsam

Are we to get our licenses before boarding the boat, or do the skippers provide them? If not, where do we get them?
    Thanks much!
  8. 2dogs

They will have licenses for you to purchase. As for baits,
    the more species you fish for the more and different baits you will need. Ssardines for roosters and inshore and larger baits for offshore.
    We spent $20 to $30 a day for baits. Don't scrimp on the baits!!
    If you are only bottom fishing maybe more people would work. If you're trolling or casting to structure, 2 people is perfect in a 23' panga.
  9. Bajaian

You can get licenses from the little farmacia just uphill from the Banco del mar in LB if you want to pick them up yourself.