LOCAL BARRIES 6/15/07 LATE REPORT

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by BOATSODA, Jun 16, 2007.

Share This Page

1. BOATSODA

Launched from Newport Harbor at 6:30 am with my friend Ed and his nephew Taylor. It was Taylors 8th grade grad present from Ed to take him fishing.We stopped at Newport Bait Co. and got a nice scoop of chovies with a few dines mixed in.

Headed up towards the flats off of Huntington beach.I spotted some breezers off of the power plant, so we set up on them....
    Taylor goes bendo on the bait and nails this barrie..his first one ever!!

[[ HPIM0407_edited.jpg

HPIM0409_edited.jpg

Ed and I managed to get some as well. We were throwing the iron and had a blast. We moved around , chasing the bird schools and metering fish. The fleet also found us as everyone was in on the action..

HPIM0410.jpg

HPIM0411.jpg

We fished them until around 11:00 am then we took off to look for some bass back towards home. Ed managed 1 sandie and we called it a day after that....Taylor sure had a good time catching the barries. We ended up keeping 7 and releasing 15 or 16. Not a bad day on the water.....water was 63.5 deg, wind south east 5-7 knots but there was no swell....

Weapons of choice today were the surface irons, dart jigs and bait.....

HPIM0413_edited.jpg

HPIM0414_edited.jpg

HPIM0416.jpg

HPIM0417_edited.jpg

HPIM0418_edited.jpg
  2. Waterpup

Way to get the grom out there on a great day Eric. Slimesticks or not if they have a good day early on in life they can become addicts like the rest.
  3. tsurikichi

Hi BOATSODA,

Good job on the fishys!!

Great report and pics! Thanks,

tsurikichi
  4. Boatsoda_Ed

The Kid had a blast. Good Skipper on this one
    Whos's this Waterpup phantom posting
    haghghgghghghghgh..............soda
  5. MeCrankMate

Found the report guys, way to knock the piss out of those cuda!! I'll second what Eddie said, a good captain gets his boys on the fish and Eric is the shit when it comes down workin' the big pond. Good report and I'll see u bright and, uh, dark and early tomorrow morning.