LIVE from the Bahamas!

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by babes&beer, Aug 4, 2007.

1. babes&beer

short version - Headed from ft. lauderdale to Cat Cay island. Went through a small tropical storm for 10mins Winds were up to 60mph and the rain felt like nails. Cat Cay stayed over night had a great dinner of Conch Soup and Salad. Next day did some exploring on the island had some coconut and played some golf. Pulled out around one to head to Atlantis. On the way you have to go over reefs to get to each island on that run the depth finder was pulling a 8.1ft and the deepest it got was 10.5. Got to atlantis did the toursit thing. Next day went and did some fishing FINALLY but only got a few YFT. To be honest not that impressed with the fishing here or the way they do it. from atlantis we left and are now currenty at Harbor Island which is my favorite so far. on the way in you need at pilot boat do get you through the reef. depth at one point 2.8 from the bottom of the boat!!! I was freckin out.

More to come

George
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1353.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1376.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1382.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1392.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1396.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1446.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1452.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1472.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1474.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1486.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1529.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1523.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1558.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1565.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-_MG_1614.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-IMG_1438.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-IMG_1443.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-IMG_1583.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-IMG_1590.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-IMG_1597.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-IMG_1617.JPG
    • LIVE from the Bahamas!-IMG_1637.JPG
  2. ConSeaMate

Outstanding.......
  3. fishnbuddy

Sounds like your having a blast!! Awesome pics.
    ...fishnbuddy
  4. hung380

Congrats on your new ride. Are you guys cruising that over to cali?
  5. babes&beer

Ya it is on it's way to La Paz at the end of the week. I almost do not want too just because it is so amazing over here.
  6. socalangler22

Nice yellowfin and lobsta! looks like the place to be!!!
  7. slief

Nice report and very nice boat! I love the built in high dive!

One of my good friends moved to Florida a couple years ago and took a boat trip to the Cay and another island for some diving and fine dining.. It was on his friends boat and they hired a local to be the captain so they could drink and not worry. On the way back, the guy that was driving the boat hit a reef at full speed. My friend and the boat owners son were launched from the boat and pinned underneath it against the reef. Somehow, they all managed to survive.. I guess the reefs there are infested with sharks and with the blood in the water, that made them even luckier. The boat owners son sustained compound fractures. My budddy was brused and cut up and has a new fond appreciation for life as he thought he was going to die that day. The guy driving the boat hit the wheel so hard that he broke ribs.. The boat... It was a total. They managed to get the sinking ship back to the island but I think it is still there as the hull was obviously pretty shredded. Oh yea, this happened at night.

Of course, this is not nearly as scary as hearing the story from the horses mouth.. It gave me chills hearing it. He is now back here in so. cal and we fish regularly together and I still quiver hearing the story.
  8. doradohead

wish i was there..... enjoy
  9. Saluki

Awesome report George!

Please keep them coming.
  10. @-EZ

X 2....:D