"Life Beyond The Breakwater" Day - April 9

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by Drydocked, Apr 3, 2011.

Share This Page

1. Drydocked

Join me on April 9, 2011 for a fun-filled day at the Long Beach Casting Club!

From 9:00a - 5:00p I'll be hosting "Life Beyond The Breakwater" - a one day celebration of our local coastal and offshore fly-fishing.

We have two tracks:

TRACK I is a special 6-hour class (9a - 4:30p) for private boat conventional gear fishermen that want to try saltwater fly-fishing (but everyone's welcome!). Includes notebook with handouts, a goody bag, and a group casting lesson from Michael Miller, FFF-certified casting instructor. There is a $40 fee for this class to cover costs.

TRACK II is a town hall forum titled: "Grill the Guides". I've assembled some of the best local guides to talk about their fisheries, and answer questions from the audience (just about anything fishing related!). This track is FREE.

From 9-11, Capt. Bill Matthews, Capt. Bryan Webb, and Dave Wratchford from the Fishermens Spot will talk about coastal and island fishing

From 12:30 - 2:30 Capt. Conway Bowman will talk about sharks

From 3-5, Capt. Scott Leon and Michael Schweit will talk about offshore fly-fishing.

PLUS...
    We're also having a demo day for Ray Hutcherson's Sea Level Fly Fishing Extreme Inshore rods, as well as his Stripping Bucket II. Cast the rods, fill out a survey, and be entered into a drawing for the 9 weight demo rod (a $250 value)! Winner need not be present to win.

And finally...attendees will be entered into drawings for a free TFO BVK fly rod (a $249.95 value), and an Abel #4 pliers/holster set (a $190 value).

Go to http://www.btbff.com/index.php/BTBFF/1EMPS/932 to learn more!
  2. Drydocked

Hope to see some of you there!
  3. sschung

John,

I would be there but I'm at a birthday party all day. I will hook up with you at the next one.

Shane