Larson DC-204 Center Console Rebuild

Discussion in 'Check Out My Boat' started by Fishbones, May 5, 2012.

1. Fishbones

Travis decided he wants to build a center console pilothouse on his boat instead of having a T-top. The boat came factory with a 20" transom which is no good for an ocean going vessel,it has some flex to it as well. We have decided to strip the boat down to the hull and replace the transom with a full height one so we can mount an Armstrong floatation engine bracket. The factory console was kinda boxy and did not match the style of the hull. We will be building one that has some rake on it to match the hull design. The original console location was to far back to have a leaning post and bait tank in the back of the boat,we did move that forward when the t-top was first intalled. Here are some pix of the dismantling of the boat.The next task is to remove the inside liner (deck and interior sides) The console and T-top are for sale in the classified ads
    • Larson DC-204 Center Console Rebuild-lar2.jpg
    • Larson DC-204 Center Console Rebuild-lar3.jpg
    • Larson DC-204 Center Console Rebuild-lar4.jpg
    • Larson DC-204 Center Console Rebuild-lar.jpg
    • Larson DC-204 Center Console Rebuild-lar1.jpg
  2. O'Bryan

Uh oh, the "if Barrett can do it, so can I" syndrome. :)
  3. Saluki

Bad Ass
  4. Fishbones

5. O'Bryan

that wasn't meant to be sarcastic....
    that's why there was a :)
  6. Fishbones

No worries,I didn't take it that way.
  7. Fishbones

OK, a little more dismantling this afternoon. We threw in the new console that will be the base of the pilothouse to see how it looks. Thanks to Johny B for giving the console to us. Matches the lines of the hull very nice.
    • Larson DC-204 Center Console Rebuild-lar7.jpg
    • Larson DC-204 Center Console Rebuild-lar5.jpg
  8. LongCASTER

looks like a fun project!
  9. Carl

Cool Rich!

This thread got off to a rough start. I read your text and scrolled to the first pic to check it out and the first thing I see is male:waglleybooty:.....:shake:....:D

The thread picked up again after that. Keep us posted. It looks like you guys are kickin ass on it already!
  10. Fishbones

Travis had his friend Bryan help him today to do the dirty work. Removed all cables and wiring, then pulled the tank. Easy day for me, just had to take a couple of pictures.
    • Larson DC-204 Center Console Rebuild-lar8.jpg
    • Larson DC-204 Center Console Rebuild-lar9.jpg
  11. aguachico

Good luck Rich. Looks like fun.
    what kind of tank is that?

I'm just waiting for the... "tired of rebuilding boats for Travis, gave him the wellcraft and bought me a...." thread. :D
  12. Fishbones

I wish I had the money to do that Art.[​IMG]
  13. BiggestT

Here's something for you, a shot across the Mississippi River looking at the Larson boat plant in Little Falls, MN:

[​IMG]

Crestliner's factory is just up the river about 1/3 of a mile.
  14. the_looper

Very inspiring Rich, can't wait to see more.
  15. DRodkey

Any new updates? Got the same boat and loving what you and Travis are doing!
  16. sbsurfer

great project, how wide is the console? are you guys building the PH from the new console and just building up or are ya gonna build the PH from the deck? looking forward to watching the progress on this one.
  17. Fishbones

Work has come to a stop for now, my father in-law passed away last week and now my Mom has been in the hospital for the last 4 days. I did manage to buy an Armstrong floatation bracket for it on Friday.
  18. DRodkey

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your mother.
  19. aguachico

Many prayers Rich.
  20. Great Escape

Sorry for your loss Rich... prayers for your family.