La Jolla Redemption

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by Tandem Assassin, Jul 13, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Tandem Assassin

Fished LJ on Sunday. Found Threshers in 60 feet of water pushing bait in shore. I set up a drift in 8' to 12' of water and was quickly engulfed by a huge school of sardines that was so thick you could walk on it.

Had a greenie soaking and the next thing I know - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big things come in small packages!
  2. PCH

Sweet, nice job. How big is your skiff? Looks like fun.
  3. Sk8nDstry

nice job. we had a schoolie size yellow follow a hooked barrie to the boat. threw a dine but he wasn't iterested. also, saw a guy with a nice 30 pounder on board. he was in a cat center console with his wife/girlfriend/daughter...
  4. FREEKIN REEKAN

Nice trophy yellow for the LJ kelp recession on yellow tail...thought they were going extinct there for a while...been gettin skunked....so now their's the ray of hope I've been waiting for.....now i need people who can chip in for gas and off we go....
    thanks for the post
  5. GLASS PADDY

Nice work Jeff,So shallow to.
  6. BuonaForTuna

7. Tandem Assassin

Boat/dingy is 10' and I run a Yamaha 4hp 4-stroke engine. Runs all day on 1/2 gallon of gas. Boat weighs 95lbs and engine is 50lbs. Can take 385 lbs capacity. Perfect La Jolla skiff - silent stalker.
  8. Reel hip

Nice set up. The small boats and kyaks do well no doubt.
  9. Tandem Assassin

Silent is deadly...
  10. DONNIE SD

Wow, thats within surf fishing range!
  11. Tandem Assassin

Yeah - I thought about that myself. I think I would use a sardine colored swim bait if I was to give it a try.
  12. slydawg