LA harbor/Emmy report

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by tuner, Nov 19, 2006.

1. tuner

I got a steal of a deal on a new 8hp merc kicker (I installed it last night) and left in the fog this morning to find some of "Behdad's quary"

[​IMG]

We picked up some sardines at nacho's and headed for the spot that caused this carnage last week. Is this where the stinger hook is supposed to go ???:shake: :104167739

[​IMG]

We worked the area and managed a few raked baits and one 14" sandy. At least the new motor worked great and putted along silently at 1mph. :)

Next stop was platform emmy (my only legal halibut this year) for some drifting and slow trolling. After a few hits I finally got something to stick, it was big but no head shakes, and fifteen minutes later.... the wrong kind. :(

[​IMG]

I'm no fish snob, this was one of the biggest shovel nose sharks I've caught, but I was here for halibut. The wind has started out of the west and Annette is nearly done and I finally get the RIGHT KIND, albiet a 17 incher :shake: , on the last drift. I'm bringing the treble hooks next time.

Steve
  2. mktfocus

I was fishing a few miles of oceanside this morning and got a double hook up on the drift. Boy, was I excited. I brought up two of the same ugly shovel nose as you got. They must be spawing or somthing. Fifteen minutes later I get huge fish on. Head shakes and all. I thought finally a big halibut. It was a big damn leopard shark. Treble hooks did not help!
  3. EricM

OH dude thats a big guitarfish! Congradulations bro!
  4. Dizzole

You know, jscrib can tune that for you.:)
  5. tuner

:rofl: Funny Dizzole, you noticed that it was a stand up guitarfish.