K&M bassholes

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by captainkelly, Jun 30, 2011.

1. captainkelly

more pics K&M
    My new Revo lasted about 10 bass trips before it started sounding like a newell while my old gray Curados have lasted over 2 years(hundreds of bass) and took some yellowtail beatings as well and are still goin. I really like the buttery feel of the Revo but wish it lasted longer.
    Other than the Curados/Revos whats a good calico reel?
    Thanks
  2. pfish

Kelly!

How in the heck did you get a gopher snake on board? Is that a pet?
  3. BajaBass

Kelly, while not as trick as a Revo or Curado, the Abu 6500 series reels kill fish , last, and are EZ to service. I have had four of them for 6+ years, and they still work great. Calicos, sandies, butts, smaller YT and WSB have all been caught on mine, and now I am using them for beach fishing in La Paz. Roosters, jacks, triggers and cabrilla have all been victims so far. Wash and go!!!
  4. fishbuck

Nice fatties!!! Very beautiful.
  5. denis

hey Kelly must be you must be doing alot of casting. its the 1st time ive seen you with tape on your thumb.
  6. 'BOUTTIMEBILL

KELLY,
    DO USE ONLY WEEDELESS LEADHEADS AND HOW DO THEY WORK IN THE KELP?
    THANKS
    BILL
  7. captainkelly

Not all weedless jigheads were created equal......WARBAITS Slayer Jigheads are the real deal. Yes, they work very well and can crawl over most bush and you can put a couple drops on superglue on the base of the brush/mohawk and make it even stiffer and more weedless.
    I let all my customers on the boat use em and EVERYONE is stoked on em.
  8. captainkelly

We go on the island and catch em for bait to use for double dig checkers......fish em like slugs :rofl:
  9. nick17yz

awesome dood. we'll be talking soon about scheduling a 3 dayer in oct. prob the first weekend +fri. i cant wait to get back down there!! call me if someone tries to schedule the parker for that weekend. thanks bro!
  10. pfish

Careful. If there is a Mexican version of Pescasealhuggers.com they might save this post as proof.
  11. writebrian

What weight Warbaits work best in the kelp? Are you using mostly 1&1.5oz?
  12. bassjedi

You try the Daiwa Pluton? That reel is money.
  13. steelfish

try calcutta 300TE.
    I've the 400TE that can slay from spottedbas to YT or a big cabrilla.
    you may want to try the smaller version 300te