It is white shark time at Catalina

Discussion in 'Spear Fishing Reports and Info' started by Balluga, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Balluga

Heads up when you are diving at Catalina...there appears to be at least two or more big ones cruising the inside currently. Sunday, the Sand Dollar was at Blue Cavern Point when a big one showed up and divers started jumping aboard at record speed...George, the captain, came out of the wheelhouse and looked over the side to see a 15-17 footer next to the boat...Last week, the Sun Diver was at Ship Rock when a big one started looking over the divers...also reports of other sightings near various coves...these are the grande size boys, so, stay alert...on the positive side, they don't like scuba tanks and will spit you out...:)
  2. Sofia Rose

Heard that the scuba tanks makes them fart.
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:
  3. SALTYDAWG Advertiser

Yes, Sticks in thier teeth and gives them gas :rofl:
  4. Sofia Rose

:)
    • It is white shark time at Catalina-image009.jpg
  5. Spyder

"Your gonna need a bigger boat............"
    • It is white shark time at Catalina-richard_dreyfuss1.jpg
  6. osideloco

Makes me want to take up diving. That would be some scary stuff seeing one of those beasts cruising above. Anybody have any experiences in the water with one? and lived to tell about it.
  7. fishnRB

Maybe they will show up at La Jolla soon.
  8. Ready4TheYellow

I've been in a diving cage with a huge one crashing into it. There was actually footage in Haliewa Hawaii of it. You can see it if you search shark encounters tours on Oahu. The boat owner went and swam in the water with it outside of the cage. I lost my wedding ring in that cage.
  9. Fisha

better a ring than a finger...or hand....or....
  10. mueller77

i bet there weren't any fuckin seals around though!