ISLANDER 4 day / Rice Bowl Charters 7/18 - 7/22

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range Fishing' started by RiceBowl, Jul 23, 2007.

Share This Page

1. RiceBowl

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Rice Bowl Charters/Islander 4 day 7/18 – 7/22<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Well we got an early departure on Wednesday on the Islander, with a great bunch of Guy’s on a limited load trip, and it our safety meeting in the Galley we took a look at our options for this 4 dayer the Albies were a hit and miss and would be a lot of motoring around at around 40 miles out, or Cedros where the Yellow tail fishing has been good and Shane let us know about he travel time of 27 hours and what our fishing time would look like. Well we voted to take our chances for these quality size moss backs and head for Cedros. <o:p></o:p>
    We arrived in Cedros around 3:00pm Thursday, and it did not take long before some of the quality size yellow tail 25 to 33 lbs started to come over the rail we stayed the night at Cedros on the anchor and fished the hole day at Cedros. I mainly fished yo yo with the new Accurate Boss 2 665, 2 speed reel the reel was fantastic and this is all one can ask for in a reel, I wish I could say more about the hooks that straighten out on my 2 jigs 2 fish that I never got to see. We also caught 2 nice size Halibuts around 20 and 30 pounds.<o:p></o:p>
    Well that evening we had to start to work our way up the line but not with out a stop at San Martin so that we could get a couple of hours of fishing for some good quality Reds, Sheep head and lings. We finished up fishing for Calico bass at our last stop.<o:p></o:p>
    All in all we had a very good trip and everyone was happy. Jack pot fish was a 41 lb plus Yellow tail that went to Dr Larry Huey and 2<SUP>nd</SUP> place went to Tony Albertson. <o:p></o:p>
    I would like to Thank all of my sponsors for their support, Skipper Shane and Islander crew and most of all passengers that came along on this trip for the memories and new stories that we have to share. Also to Ryan, age 11, and Mason age 16 good job to these kids can hold their own on the rail.<o:p></o:p>
    I do not know how to post pics, but you can find them on www.ricebowlcharters.com in a few days.<o:p></o:p>
  2. Steve K

Right on, Fred. Good job on those Yellows. Some good pics already up on the Islander's' website. Great shot there of all those bent rods and a shot of what must be the JP Yellow. Seaya.
  3. MEXFISHERMAN

Hey Fred I had a blast on the 4 day. Cedros was the right choice for this trip. The quality of service the Islander crew provided was outstanding. Can't wait for the Aug.2-5th trip. Any word on what type of fish we are going to target? This is Robert down in SD.