ISLANDER 3 day Rice Bowl Charters Aug 2-5

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range Fishing' started by RiceBowl, Aug 8, 2007.

1. RiceBowl

We got an early departure and cleared the point at about 1:00pm and headed south at gray we approximately 160 miles out, around 7:00am we hit out first kelp with approximately 50 fish for our 1<SUP>st</SUP> stop a combination of Yellow Tail and Dorado&#8217;s. We did have to do some looking around for the afternoon for our next kelp but with Captain John and 2 crewmembers looking thru binoculars we found what we were looking for, by days end we had limits and then some of good grade Yellow Tail and Dorado&#8217;s.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]For our 2<SUP>nd</SUP> day of fishing we voted to fish for Red&#8217;s in the morning at San Martin some of the Red&#8217;s coming over the rail were 10 pounds. After filing up on Red&#8217;s we again started looking<o:p></o:p>
    For paddies after a hours of looking and finding only 1 paddy and putting 4 small Yellow Tail on we decided to anchor up in shore a fished for Calico Bass.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Some pics are posted for me by Jerry http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/botd/78432-rice-bowl-girls.html <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    And more can be viewed at www.ricebowlcharters.com in a few days.<o:p></o:p>
  2. Hithard

Hey Fred thanks for everything. The trip was great and I look forward to the next time. I'm still not through with packing fish.

Thanks again

Mike
  3. squiggy820

Hey Fred,

Thanks again for the great trip!! My (& Buddy Gene's) first time out on your charter and we had a really good time. We'll be going out on more of your charters in the future!! You've got a good group of guys. My new freezer is full and my belly is happy from all the really good food from the trip! Islander is a top notch boat with a really hard working captain & crew!!

Fun fishin with you!

Hey Hithard - were you with Peter, Mike and Geno? Nice to meet you guys too!

Laters!
  4. Hithard

Yeah thats me. It was nice to meet you guys and I'm glad we got to pull some fish. I forgot to add a couple things.

The deck crew were exceptional IMHO. At one point I was tied up with at least six people and I think all but one of us had fish on. I had my dikes in my hand and I was ready to cut out and re tie. One second into Karl working on the tangle I decided I'd wait it out. Amazingly all but one of the fish were landed and that fish was lost after it was out of the tangle.

The second thing is I want to commend Fred on the amount of effort he puts into these trips. Its clear he wants all his passengers to have a great time. Most of the guys on board keep that in mind and the crew and captain definetly take that to heart and it shows in the service they give.

BTW, its all fun and games until someone gets their finger nails painted...
    :gay:
  5. snordo

Fred,

Thanks for the great trip - what I can remember!? Lots o' fish to bring home and 5 Star did their usual good job.

Gregg
  6. Hithard

Nice to meet you Gregg.
  7. TShooter

Gregg, I bet if felt good to get on the water! Sounds like a variety type of fish.

T
  8. haftafish

I can take credit for starting that a couple of years ago.
    Check out the painted middle finger and toes.
    Don't pass out in the galley!!!!!

FRESH ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • ISLANDER 3 day Rice Bowl Charters Aug 2-5-003_00A.JPG
    • ISLANDER 3 day Rice Bowl Charters Aug 2-5-005_1A.JPG
  9. Hithard

You mean you started this, cause that was just the tip of the iceberg. All I have to say is, be afraid, be very afraid.

EDIT: None of this was my doing, but they've made their way around and figured I'd share em.

Its all love Hollywood.
    • ISLANDER 3 day Rice Bowl Charters Aug 2-5-Picture 090.jpg
    • ISLANDER 3 day Rice Bowl Charters Aug 2-5-Picture 088.jpg
    • ISLANDER 3 day Rice Bowl Charters Aug 2-5-FISHINGTRIPAUG1TO52007004.jpg
    • ISLANDER 3 day Rice Bowl Charters Aug 2-5-FISHINGTRIPAUG1TO52007019.jpg
  10. gonfishn

Got my son to bring a friend to experiance the great time we have on Freds trips............ Another proud moment. Guess the Ricebowl Girls at 8:00am was a little to much for them. The two pictures above were taken before we passed the Coronados. Thanks for the all the laughs, great fishing and good times. Also John, Shane and the rest of the crew are incredible not to mention the gormet chow Paul puts out. Been riding charters since '73 and nobody comes close.
  11. poncherello

Great job Dennis on your painting skills. Thats what happens happens when you feel the wrath of the Margarator and the Rockstar combo drinks.

Can't wait for the artwork on next years 10 day! I'll see you guys next week at the dock for the 2.5 dayer and 5 dayer, camera in hand!
  12. Hithard

Dennis, it was great meeting you. I've got one for you....

Margarita...Dada?

I look forward to the next time. I hope Don and Greg are recoverd.
  13. gonfishn

Don and Greg ?.............thats why I get off the boat for ten days. Taught him everything I know I know...........Unfortunatly he's a quick study. Great meeting you also Mike and looking forward to fishing with you again.
  14. Steve K

48 pics of the trip are now up on the Gallery:

RiceBowlCharters.com - August 2-5 2007

Added bonus to our 8/16-19, everybody gets a new Zuker Tuna Feather in the grab bag as well as all the other great stuff that Fred will have for us.

This bears repeating: " The second thing is I want to commend Fred on the amount of effort he puts into these trips. Its clear he wants all his passengers to have a great time. Most of the guys on board keep that in mind and the crew and captain definetly take that to heart and it shows in the service they give."

Fred really enjoys the role of Charter Master. Although sometimes considered to be a real pain in the ass to be the CM, Fred does it very well. The amount of trips he puts together on Islander is appreciated by John and Shane and the entire crew and they show that by giving us all 110% on the service side. Lookin' forward to the next trip.