Is there anyone Driving 395 on Father's Day? I need to get a BFT to Bishop

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by strackle99, Jun 9, 2012.

1. strackle99

I am on the Royal Star's 2.5 day returning on Father's Day...I owe a friend in Bishop a huge favor.

Is there anyone in SD who can pick up a tuna from me at the landing, and drive it up to Bishop? I can supply the cooler.

I will, of course, give some of that beautiful RSW tuna to whoever does me this HUGE favor!!!

Thanks in advance
  2. glib

kind of counting your chickens before they hatch, arent you
  3. FINADDICT*

awesome...
  4. strackle99

I am fishing with friends, so its not like I am by myself.

I fished the same time last year on the Royal Star. One friend and I came back last Father's Day from a 7 day with 22 BFT....Most of the tuna were within 150 miles, and caught the first 2-3 days...

I fish hard, and I feel this is the best crew in the fleet...If they find biting fish, I like my chances...Also, if I get skunked, so be it...On my first trip to Alijos, I was the ONLY one on the boat to drive away without a fish...#17 was empty!!! I understand "rail time" and paying your dues.

My friend in Bishop did one of the coolest things ANYONE had ever done for me... He brought back an extra girl from a bar for me....He woke me up, and said "Here, she is for you!" This gets you at the top of my "fish list" forever.

He runs a burger joint in North Bishop, so I am pretty sure he will hook you up with burgers on your trip
  5. Derfsondeck

In his defense on his other thread(threads actually) about the same thing he said he was jinxing himself.Good luck I hope it works out for you!
  6. Derfsondeck

Hey whats the name of his burger joint? I wanna check it out!
  7. Wandering Blues

Damn. I'm rolling up on Friday for a week. Good luck on the trip.