Interior Designer (for paint colors)

Discussion in 'BD Business Hookup's' started by ALUMINATOR, Aug 10, 2012.

Share This Page

1. ALUMINATOR

We all have our talents but neither Linda or I were blessed with the ability to choose paint colors that look good when applied!

I built her a new home a few years ago and to this day we both think it is missing the right colors. We would like some advice because I don't really look forward to repainting time after time!

How did you pick your colors?

Should we just look through designer magazines?
  2. DoubletroubleII

Dennis

Behr Paints has a good color ideas thingy.....you go through pictures of projects you like and they tell you what colors they are so you can duplicate.
  3. la vida

What we have done on our many redos and fix ups and even when we built the house down south. We toured model homes most in areas we could never afford to buy in.
    We got great ideas from the best. Take some pic's and have a fun Saturday.
  4. ConSeaMate

Hey Dennis......oh never mind......:rofl:.....
  5. Smudge

You need a decorator, not a designer! Haha! My wife is a designer and flips out when people ask her for paint choice help. LOL I'll ask her anyway though. We haven't had a good fight in a few weeks... :D
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  6. lynndeva

Dennis...I can help :)
  7. lilharcher

Restoration Hardware only has a limited number of colors that they sell, but they all look great on the wall. You can buy a samll sample and have your favorite paint store color match (HomeDepot, Lowes, etc.). Colors like Light Silver Sage are classic and can virtually be paired with any of your existing furniture and accessories. Most of the colors are on the wall at the store too. Worth a look.
  8. ALUMINATOR

Linda is reading over my shoulder and says thanks. I am sure she will find one of you!!!
  9. Smudge

Sent you a PM Dennis...